74 - Love, Continued

If I were a mother, the mere thought of walking in on my son kissing a girl would shock me so bad I'd turn to stone. This lady standing before us—Mitsuki Bakugo, the hellhound who raised the hellhound I'm currently in love with—was the lucky mom who walked in on just the scene.

This is why I never, ever leave the house without making sure everything's in my bag.

Mitsuki stood before us dead as a doorknob.

Air escaped her lips in the form of a prolonged, "Uhhh..."

Once my departed soul returned to my body, I reacted very rationally.

"AHH!!"

My foot launched Kacchan into the ceiling. I rushed to sit up and straighten myself out with my face, neck, and ears feeling impossibly hot. "Nothing happened! Nothing happened! Nothing happened at all!" My heart rate soared through the roof at the moment.

Scrambling to the floor, Kacchan approached his mother with clenched teeth. He looked just as embarrassed as he was furious over being interrupted. "Get the hell out, you old hag! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something here?!"

A jolt of electricity caused me to curl up on the couch and hide my face. "Why are you saying it like that?!"

"Have you ever met my old hag?! It's either spit out the truth, or be dead!!"

"I'm sure there's an option C, Kacchan!!!"

Despite our earsplitting exchange of words, Mitsuki remained frozen in place. The uncharacteristically loud woman had her lips sealed for so long that we worried she suffered a heart attack.

"Uh, anyone home?" peeped Kacchan, waving a hand in front of her face.

Snapping back to reality, Mitsuki turned back to the door and projected her voice to the man still waiting outside. "What did I tell you, honey?! One day! It only took one day for them to hook up! I won the bet, so pay up!"

"Huhhh?!" Kacchan and I both yelled.

"Darnit! I was so sure it'd be two days!" Masaru replied with a lighthearted chuckle. "You two couldn't have waited until tomorrow, huh? I figured you couldn't resist for too long, but not even one day longer?"

"Sorry, what now?" I squeaked, very compelled to flee the room.

Mitsuki shot me a toothy grin. "You two just earned me fifty bucks is what, so thank you."

My mind struggled with the realization.

"THEY WERE BETTING ON US?!"

Retaining her wide grin, Mitsuki threw an arm over her son's shoulder and shuffled away from me. "This is your golden opportunity, Katsuki. Don't waste it, ya hear? You'll never find a girl this fucking perfect."

Going cold, I collapsed on the couch. My wings folded up to hide my beet-red face.

"D-Don't listen to them, Haru! They're fucking nuts!!"

"Not about the perfect part though," quipped Mitsuki.

"N-No, of course not, dammit! You are perfect..."

She laughed and slapped him on the back. "Aw! You're too sweet, Katsuki."

"Shut up, dammit!!"

The utter embarrassment of his mother's teasing caused him to set off a few tiny explosions. I had also activated my Quirk on accident, making myself float into the air while pressing a pillow into my burning face. The embarrassment made me completely unaware that I even left the couch.