63 - The Evils of Truth and Love

The three of us entered the elevator and headed for the next floor down. Kirishima offered his arm so I could be free of my crutches. Such a gentleman! Shoto carried them as he led us through the hospital to Deku's room.

"Did you guys already see Deku?" I asked.

"We did yesterday," replied Kirishima, "but he wasn't awake yet. We passed by your room, too."

"Really?" I glared at the back of Shoto's head. "Were you watching me sleep?"

"I wasn't in the room, and it's not my fault you toss and turn," he replied.

My eyebrow twitched in anger. Not as much of a gentleman.

"Toss and turn?" repeated Kirishima.

"Don't ask," I growled. Kirishima sensed my threatening aura and nodded. "Did Iida say if everyone from class A was going to be visiting Deku?"

Shoto shook his head. "Probably not. Jiro and Hagakure are still unconscious ever since being knocked out by the gas."

"And not counting myself or Momo, I count fifteen....or, no, fourteen..." I frowned.

Kirishima squeezed my arm. "Don't think like that, Haruki. Yaoyorozu will help us out, and we can get Bakugo back by the end of the night." Despite being frustrated himself, he somehow had the strength to make his signature goofy grin.

I smiled. "You're right. Thanks."

When we reached Deku's room, Shoto calmly opened the door.

"And Haruki?" asked a squeaky voice, no doubt belonging to my curly-haired friend.

Hearing my name, I called out, "I'm right here."

All heads snapped towards me.

"Haruki?!!!"

"Haruki, you're awake!" beamed Kaminari.

His wide smile caught me off-guard. "U-Uh, yeah. I am."

"We were worried about you!" cried Mina with tears in her eyes.

"Thank goodness, you're alright," Tsu said. Both girls hugged me tightly.

"Did you like the magazine we left you?" giggled the pinkette.

"I did. And the flowers were beautiful, too. Thanks."

"Flowers? We didn't get you flowers," replied Tsu.

I inclined my head. "Really? Then, do you know who—?"

"Hey, Haruki, did you see what's on TV right now?!" interrupted Kaminari. "The media's all over the school!"

"Even worse than back in the spring," added Sato.

"Uh, I saw a little bit. Not surprised since that all happened."

"Hey, Haruki! We all pitched in and bought a watermelon! Look!" Mineta cheerfully held up a watermelon the size of his head. "And it's a big one!"

It was rather impressive. "Wow. You're not kidding."

"Midoriya doesn't seem to have free hands, so you can have it if you want." His eyebrows lifted. "Or, we can share if you want—"

After sending him flying into the wall, I caught the watermelon. "Hmph. And I almost thought you'd keep your perverted ways to yourself when in a hospital. Shame on me for believing such a thing."

"Sorry..."

"Haruki." Tokoyami stepped forward and bowed his head. "I'm deeply sorry for all the trouble I caused you."