14 - The Symbol of Peace

I gazed at All Might, the light from outside making him glow. "All Might!" I cheered.

"It really is...All Might," Kirishima said. "But he's not smiling."

"Would you be?" Kacchan asked. He stepped up beside me, patting my head. "You sure are a crybaby, Haru."

"I know." I smiled and wiped away my tears. "I'm okay with that."

All Might yelled to everyone in the building, "It's fine now. Why? Because I am here!" The big unhappy frown on his face told us he was pissed beyond belief, and for good reason.

I put a hand to my chest, feeling my heart burst with happiness.

We watched All Might leap from the top of the stairs, engaging the mass of villains that attacked Mr. Aizawa. He disappeared from sight behind a grove of trees, but we assumed he was heading for the central plaza based on the direction he took.

"Let's hurry!" Todoroki yelled. We all followed him.

Along the way, we caught glimpses of All Might battling the villain elites, though he kept jumping out of sight behind natural obstacles like trees and walls. The plentiful forests used as decorations in USJ suddenly got really annoying. All Might exchanged punches with a big muscular man who had their brain exposed from a bird-like head, just like what was described to us.

"That must be Nomu!" I yelled at Todoroki.

He agreed with a head nod. "It definitely looks capable of holding its own against him."

"Which means we need to pick up the pace!" Kacchan barked.

He had a really good point. Sure, it seemed that Nomu had the potential to kill him, and that seemed like the only problem. Dismissing that, All Might had a sure chance of winning, so there wasn't really any reason for me and the guys to be rushing so fast. Plus, if we got held hostage, we'd be in a worse spot. We should trust All Might...

But... But I know... Nomu isn't the only issue...

Every day on my way to school, I read the hero news. I saw that All Might had solved three cases all by himself in a single hour, which would put a strain on anyone's stamina. Then when Thirteen and Mr. Aizawa were talking about how All Might wasn't at USJ, I saw Thirteen put up three fingers. That probably meant that All Might was at his limit. I'm the only one. I'm the only one who knows—Wait! No, there's another who knows about All Might's limit. There's also...

Someone suddenly yelled, "Haruki!"

I looked up ahead, seeing Tsu and Mineta come out from around some trees. "It's Tsu and Mineta—" I saw the body they were carrying, recognizing his mangy hair. "Mr. Aizawa?!"

Nearly breaking the sound barrier, I darted over to them. "Perfect timing. We could use some help carrying him," Tsu said, supporting most of Mr. Aizawa's weight on her back.

"He's heavy," Mineta said, carrying our teacher's legs.

I was horrified to see my favorite pro hero in such a beat up state. Alongside plenty of bruises, blood dripped from his mouth, eyes, and the back of the head. The skin around his elbow had chipped away fully exposing the muscles underneath, and the other arm twisted in the completely wrong direction.

"This should make it easier," I muttered, tapping his back to activate Zero Gravity. I could see the relief on Tsu's face to have Mr. Aizawa not weigh down her back so much. "What happened to him?"

"That huge bird guy attacked Mr. Aizawa. The only reason he didn't do more was because his boss suddenly attacked the three of us and needed backup," Mineta said.