45 - Life of the Party

A/N: Above is a picture of Haruki's dress for the I-Island party, drawn by yours truly :)

With my speed, I got to the stadium in seconds, an attraction named Villain Attack. Once inside, I climbed up into the stands and peered over the railing. A large mountain faced me, looking similar to the Mountain Zone inside USJ. The smoke plume originated from the center of the rocky landscape.

A voice called out over the speakers: "Clear time is 33 seconds! That scores him eighth place!"

When the smoke cleared away, I saw a spiky, red-haired boy. "Is that Kirishima?!" Deku shouted, running up beside me.

"It sure is!" I replied, excitedly leaning over the bar.

He raised an eyebrow in my direction. "Did you know he was here?"

I nodded. "They sent me a text a little while ago, and I totally spaced it."

"They? Text?"

Melissa, Momo, Kyoka, and Iida followed us to the stadium. "Is that also one of your friends?" Melissa asked us.

"Yeah, he's another classmate," Deku replied.

"Now, where is the other maniac?" I muttered, searching the stands for ash-blond hair.

The same female announcer spoke: "Alright! The next challenger is..."

A smile brightened my face when my best friend stepped onto the platform. "There he is!" I cheered, admiring him in all his glory, and his stunning hero costume! I mean... I'm not dumb. I know how hot that boy is!!

"Kacchan?!" Deku yelped, a little terrified.

The announcer took a few steps away from Kacchan to give him some space. "Now, Villain Attack! Get ready, go!"

Kacchan blasted off from the starting platform, proceeding to the closest robot. He blew it up with a single attack and launched himself towards the next. One stood in the water, one high on a cliff, one floating in the air. He swiftly took each opponent down without missing a beat, not wasting any effort. With the final robot, he unleashed a super explosion to reduce it to ashes, screaming his usual, "DIE!!" with a wide grin on his face.

"Die?" Deku muttered.

"This is amazing!" cheered the announcer lady. "Cleared in 15 seconds! First place!"

"Indisputable first place!" I happily cheered, bouncing up and down as Kacchan returned to the starting platform. It was even cool watching Kacchan refuse to give a comment. That's right! Stay back! He's mine—Wait... What the hell am I saying...?!

Meanwhile, Kirishima had just noticed us. He ran over to Kacchan and pointed. "Hey, isn't that Midoriya, and Haruki?" Kirishima suddenly called out, alarming us.

Kacchan looked up at us, and seeing Deku, he launched at us using his Quirk. He clung to the railing. "Why the hell are you here?!" he screamed into Deku's face, frightening him so badly that he fell back.

"S-Stop it, Kacchan! Lots of people are watching," Deku grinned.

"So what?!"

"Stop it, Bakugo!" Iida screamed, jumping in between them.

"I have no business with you! Don't act like the class rep here, too!"

"A class rep is a class rep no matter where you are!"

"Enough of that!" I shoved Iida aside. Then I yanked Kacchan right over the bars and hugged him tightly, spinning in circles. "I'm so glad you're here! Sorry, I didn't come to see you earlier!"