65 - Gotta Dress for Success

A/N: To all my lovely readers, above is an insanely quick digital sketch of Momo and Haruki in their disguises!! It's nothing fancy. I rushed it so you had something to reference for Haruki's chosen look. Of course, I totally spaced editing her wings. Just pretend they have markings like a real hawk. Hope you like it! And buckle up for the next few chapters! :)

It was a lot more challenging to pick out disguises than we initially predicted. Momo and I flipped through hundreds of dresses, tops, and bottoms. Lots of colors on display and shockingly low prices, but we still came up with nothing.

"So, this is a Donki store..." Momo's ponytail waved back and forth, admiring the store's interior design while making her way through aisles of clothing.

I rattled off a list of qualifications to a proper disguise.

"We can't look too much like ourselves. In a way, we have to age up. Fancy clothes and shoes. Different hairstyles. Makeup maybe. Accessories we wouldn't normally wear on any given occasion. Not to mention," I frowned at the two prominent features on my back, "maybe some way to turn my wings invisible?"

"Age ourselves up?" asked Momo. "How in the world do we do that?"

"Do you two ladies need any help today?"

An attractive woman close to our age with long hair hopped over to us. She wore an apron with two pockets full of tools for styling hair and makeup, meaning she worked here at the store, or so we hoped.

"You seem a little troubled."

"Actually, yes," Momo replied. "We're having a bit of trouble picking out a couple of, uh, outfits. Something that doesn't make us look like ourselves. Something that, perhaps..." She struggled to find the correct words without saying the word disguise.

The lady waved her hand. "Ah! Say no more. I'll bet you two are spying on a cheating boyfriend and need something to wear. Something that stands out but also keeps you from being easily noticed by the jerk."

Momo and I exchanged looks.

"Yes. Her boyfriend has just been a complete, uh, well, I forgot the term."

I eagerly nodded and faked a frown. "I'm pretty sure the bastard's cheating on me with another girl tonight, and we wanted to follow him around to see if it's really true."

The lady reached out and crushed me against her chest. "You poor thing. Don't you worry! Stylist Kaori is here to help. When I'm done, you'll look so gorgeous he'll dump the other girl on the spot." Without missing a beat, she grabbed us by the hands and rushed us off.

To our delight, Kaori did work here at the Donki store, with the sole purpose of helping female clients decide on outfits and such, like a personal stylist on standby. And with a beginner's cosmetology license, Kaori became our hairdresser, makeup artist, and clothing consultant all in one.

And upon our friendly request, she worked quickly.

We strolled around the women's section as Kaori asked various questions, absorbed our quick responses, and put together her battle plan. "You both need something cute that shows off all the assets. That means simple designs..."

She rambled on as her fingers trailed over all sorts of materials.

"Are you both comfortable with dresses?"

Momo and I nodded.

"Though if I may, I'd prefer an outfit that keeps my arms uncovered," Momo added, wanting to keep her arms free for emergency Quirk usage.

"Not a problem. I think I've already got your outfit all planned out. As for you," she sharply pointed a finger in my direction while plucking accessories off the shelves, "we'll need to pull out all the stops, and I'll keep your wings in mind. Leggings or tights?"