69 - A Great Escape

The instant Kacchan's fingers locked with mine, my wings adjusted themselves to accommodate the additional passenger. With my other hand gripping Kirishima's shirt, I moved to the next phase of our plan: getting us the hell out of there!

"I got him! Give me a boost, Iida!"

Nodding, Iida shouted back to our rescued friend. "Bakugo! When I give the signal, time your explosions in sync with my Recipro so that Haruki can—"

"How about you sync up with me?!" Kacchan fired off an explosion without warning.

We shot off like a rocket. I clenched my teeth and squinted to keep anything from hitting my eyes. "How about you remember who's driving here?!" I snarled, correcting my wings to handle the sudden burst of speed. "At least warn me first!"

"Bakugo!" Iida called. "I said—!"

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"This is no time for egos!" yelled Kirishima.

I huffed, struggling to remain balanced with one arm stretched out behind me. "If you two don't work together, at this speed, one awkwardly angled blast could send me straight into a building and then—"

Suddenly, Deku shouted, "Ah! Haruki, behind you!"

When I glanced back over my shoulder, my eyes widened. Mr. Compress hurtled towards us like he had been shot out of a cannon, pursuing us with the intent to take Kacchan back. With his speed, no doubt, he'd catch up in an instant.

I strained to go faster. "Shit! He's fast! I don't think I can—"

"Titan..." Mt. Lady appeared out of nowhere. She used her Quirk to grow to her gigantic size and intercept Mr. Compress. "Cliff—Ack!" The masked man slammed straight into the heroine's face, preventing him from reaching us.

"Mt. Lady!" we all screamed.

With a broken nose, she groaned, "Prioritize...the rescue...! Go...stupid kids!"

Both hero and villain collapsed on the ground. Mt. Lady nearly flattened the other villains, blocking any hopes of pursuing us. Thanks to her interference, I could comfortably focus on escaping.

Thank you, Mt. Lady.

With another—this time, synchronized—burst of speed from Iida and Kacchan, I shot off like a rocket.

When I could no longer see the warehouse, or what remained of it, I flew as close to Kamino station as possible before my muscles cramped up. My flight limit had been reached for the night, and I needed to land immediately. Finding a safe spot, my wings snapped open to slow our descent, and Kacchan timed an explosion to help me out.

At a safe distance above the ground, I dropped all four boys, letting them comfortably land on their feet before clumsily lowering myself onto the sidewalk. We then completed the rest of the trip on foot. Finally rounding a corner and escaping back into the city, everyone stopped for a quick rest.

The streets were complete chaos. Sirens blared through the night. People rushed about, some panicking and others going about the night as though nothing out of the ordinary was happening. But it was clear that there was a lot of unrest, and that feeling was quickly growing.

I panted heavily, one hand lingering over my chest. My eyes drifted to my feet. "I've got to see Kaori again at some point and thank her for these boots. That would've been ten times worse in heels."

"Is everyone alright?" asked Iida, taking a breath before standing up straight.

"Yeah," huffed Deku.