60 - The Bakugo Bodyguard Brigade

Dark Shadow beat the tar out of the villain, smashing him against trees and the ground. Then he tossed him to the side, knocking the guy out cold. Dark Shadow roared and waved his fists around. "I haven't had enough fun yet!"

"Now!" I screamed, racing forward.

Shoto and Kacchan ran at Dark Shadow's sides while I flipped over his head. With my shiny metal wings, I positioned them to reflect the light from Shoto's flames and Kacchan's explosions. Thanks to our barrage of bright light from several different angles, Dark Shadow shrunk to his usual size in an instant, and timidly returned to Tokoyami's body.

Finally having a chance to breathe, Tokoyami collapsed on his knees. Shoto extinguished his flames, and Kacchan canceled his explosion hands. "I'm a bad matchup for you," he growled.

Tokoyami looked at us. "Sorry... Thanks for saving me..."

"And your wings are as reflective as ever, Haruki," Shoto muttered with a smile.

I grinned back. "I'm just glad I was able to use them in my condition. Honestly, I think I should be puking right about now."

Suddenly, Tsu raced over to us, kneeling down to check on Tokoyami. "Are you alright now?"

He slowly nodded. "Think so. Just glad nobody got too hurt..."

Kacchan looked over at the tooth villain, who was now missing all his teeth. "In an instant, the opponent we were barely able to defend against was...completely flattened."

"Tokoyami, are you alright?" Shoji said as he ran over to us. "You did a good job doing what we asked."

Tokoyami refused to make eye contact with any of us. "Sorry, Shoji... You too, Midoriya... I was too immature... I let my anger take over and released Dark Shadow. The influence of the darkness and my anger spurred on that guy. In the end, it got so strong that I couldn't hold it back and ended up hurting Shoji." Tokoyami beat himself up over his Quirk's loss of control, and though I understood why, I tried coming up with something to say and cheer him up.

It wasn't me who cheered him up in the end.

"We can leave that for later, ribbit," said Tsu as she hugged him. "That's what you would say, right? And Shoji wasn't hurt too badly."

Shoji nodded. "Right. It was a duplicate of a duplicate. Nothing but a paper cut basically."

He gazed at them both and nodded with a slight blush. "Thanks..."

"So that arm back there?" I muttered.

Shoji held up his right Dupli-Arm, which was bleeding near the end. "We were ambushed by that lightning-fast tooth villain, and I covered Tokoyami, losing an arm in the process. It may sound bad, but I've still got the original. With my Dupli-Arms, any organs I duplicate can go on to create additional duplicates. What got cut off was just one of the spare arms.

"Unfortunately, Tokoyami couldn't even stand that, and it triggered the Quirk that he'd been desperately trying to hold back."

"In deep darkness, he can't control it: Dark Shadow," Tsu muttered. "I never realized that his Quirk was so peaky."

"So since we needed to calm it down, we thought to bring it to Bakugo or Todoroki. Their abilities emit light that Dark Shadow is weak against. And, well, here we are."

"And it was dangerous," Tokoyami muttered. "You could've died."

"Well, the act of saving people does come with risks," I said. "That's why heroes are called heroes, right, Deku...?" I only just noticed his injuries. His right arm had been broken at least three times over. He also had a black eye, bruised face, and broken left hand. Plus, no shirt... "What the hell happened to you?! You shouldn't be moving in that state! And yet... I'm sure you were running around trying to save everyone. Man, you're always full of surprises." I couldn't help but smile.