31 - The Aftermath of Hosu

Rather conveniently, we discovered that we were near a trash collection site. Finding some old rope, Iida and Shoto tied up the Hero Killer after removing all his weapons. We stored them away in a sack belonging to Native, the pro hero we saved.

With Native freed from paralysis, he offered to carry Deku, who injured his legs again.

Shoto finished tying up the Hero Killer. "If you don't mind, Haruki, can we use your Zero Gravity?" he asked.

I was propped up against Iida's leg. "I still can't move though."

"It's fine. I'll do it for you." He grabbed the wrist on my uninjured arm and pressed my hand to the Hero Killer's back, making him float. He looked like a balloon on a leash now. "This'll make it easier to pull him along."

"Todoroki, I'll pull it!" Iida begged.

"Well, your arms are all messed up, but I guess since he no longer weighs anything." He handed over the end of the rope.

Iida nodded his head. "Then that means you'll have to carry Takami."

I froze. "Huh?!"

Shoto knelt down in front of me, straight-faced as usual. "Well, we're not just going to leave you here."

I stared at him. "Why not? There's no longer a threat, so I can just wait. The paralysis won't take that long anyway, so I should be—" Completely ignoring me, he gently pulled both my arms over his shoulders and picked me up by my legs. I couldn't handle the feeling of my chest pressing against his back. "Shoto! Put me down!"

"Not going to happen. And it'll take way too long for the paralysis to wear off. You're a type B, aren't you?"

"How could you tell?"

"Lucky guess."

Knowing I couldn't fight him, I frowned. "Well, thank you..." My head fell to his left side, pressing my cheek against his shoulder. The balanced temperature of Shoto's two sides felt better than I expected. I'm glad that his shoulder hid my bright red face, but I was still really worried that Shoto could hear my thumping heart, maybe even feel it.

Native apologized to us. "Sorry. Even though I'm a pro, I was just in the way of you kids."

I replied, "Don't be sorry. I don't think you could've done anything one-on-one with the Hero Killer's Quirk. He's too strong."

"Fighting four-on-one with the guy making mistakes himself, we still barely won. He was probably flustered from dealing with our combined speeds, Haruki's especially, and forgot about Midoriya's recovery time. And he wasn't able to deal with Iida's last Recipro Burst or Midoriya's movements," Shoto said.

I stared at him. "Was my speed really that good? I kind of thought I was just in the way."

"No way. We wouldn't have gotten anywhere without you helping to protect everyone," Deku replied.

"You weren't in the way at all," Shoto added.

"They're right. You were really good," Native said. "You all were. If anyone should be feeling useless, it should be me." The five of us made it back to a main street. "Now, let's quickly get him to the police—"

A voice called out to us. "Wha...? Why are you here?!"

We looked across the street to see a short old man in a full-body monochrome suit with a yellow cape. Spotting us, he jumped across the street in one leap, kicking Deku in the face. "I thought I told you to stay seated on the bullet train!!"

Deku rubbed his head. "Ah, I'm sorry. I just wanted to help out my friends." He gestured back to me and the guys. "Everyone, this is the hero I'm interning with for the week: Gran Torino."