24-lucifer

24- lucifer

The atmosphere grew tense as a distinct click resonated through the room, pulling the triple whisper from their intimate conversation. The sound seemed to hang in the air, adding an air of mystery and intrigue.

"Y/n, who has a big -" began Jake, only to be abruptly interrupted by a sudden outburst from the young man standing before him. The stranger's appearance exuded a sense of timidity, as his hunched shoulders seemed to suggest a desperate desire to blend into the background. Even his dark eyes appeared as if they were attempting to retreat within the depths of his mind.

A perplexed expression crept across Jake's face as he stared at the two unexpected visitors. The atmosphere had shifted, and the air was heavy with confusion. Sunghoon, who had been observing the unfolding scene with a sour expression, now found his countenance inscrutable.

"I thought you lived alone, y/n," Sunghoon finally managed to utter, his voice betraying a mix of curiosity and concern.

"I am living alone," replied y/n, a tinge of unease lacing her words.

"Then...who are those guys?" Sunghoon gestured toward the enigmatic figures with a questioning finger.

"I'm your fucking shadow," interjected one of the visitors, his voice rasping and weathered, belying his youthful appearance.

"And I'm her shadow," added the other, his voice resonating with a deep timbre that commanded attention. Every head in the room turned instinctively whenever he spoke, captivated by his rich, silky tone. His words carried an air of authority as if he possessed knowledge and experience beyond the ordinary.

A wave of frustration washed over Sunghoon, evident in the curse that slipped from his lips. He turned to Y/n, his confusion was evident in his eyes. "Y/n, what on earth are they hallucinating about?"

"Listen, Sunghoon, please," y/n implored, her voice tinged with urgency. "They are our shadows. From what I understand, they reside within our minds, able to communicate with us. And somehow, they have taken human form, allowing us to perceive them."

"And we are powerful creatures after demons. you forgot to add that cupcake," Heeeseung continued winking back at y/n.

The stranger who had identified himself as y/n's shadow chimed in, offering a correction. "My dear, it is we who grant you humans the ability to see us. Furthermore, our connection to your minds persists until your last breath. That's why we can communicate with you, mere mortals."

Sunghoon's disbelief was palpable. 

"It's impossible," Sunghoon muttered under his breath, his mind grappling with the fantastical notion that had been presented before him.

"I told you he is an idiot," Heeseung remarked, his disbelief evident as he turned to Jake for support.

Without warning, heeseung swiftly vanished into thin air, leaving no trace behind, only to reappear mere inches away from Sunghoon's startled face.

Sunghoon's jaw dropped in shock, his eyes wide with disbelief at the incredible display he had just witnessed.

Words failed him as he stared at Jake and Heeseung, struggling to process the reality of their existence.

"You're the idiot here!" Heeseung retorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Who are you calling an idiot?" Sunghoon shot back, his confusion and frustration evident.

"You," Heeseung replied matter-of-factly, a hint of amusement in his tone.

Sunghoon was taken aback by the blunt response. "Are you serious right now?"

"Says the one who spends his time jerking off reading smut books," Heeseung teased, a mischievous grin tugging at his lips.

Sunghoon's face turned as red as a beetroot, embarrassment radiating from him like heat from a hot pan. He felt as though he could cook a three-course meal on his face, his humiliation palpable to everyone in the room. He longed for the ground to open up and swallow him whole, but there was no escape from this awkward moment. It was absolute torture, a complete and utter humiliation.

Heeseung's comment was so out of character, so far from what Sunghoon knew of him, that he could only stare at him, his mouth agape, unable to formulate a coherent thought. He closed his mouth, glanced down at his toes, and then looked back up, meeting Heeseung's gaze.

"I wasn't jer- ... wait, how did you know that?!" Sunghoon stammered, his voice filled with a mix of embarrassment and confusion.

"That you were jerking yourself at night?" Heeseung raised an eyebrow, nodding in confirmation.

"Well, I just mentioned that I'm linked to you spiritually. I'm always with you, within you, attached to you. Especially at night. And that, my dear, makes me regret choosing you as my carrier, you idiot," Heeseung explained, his tone tinged with exasperation.

"Carrier? And I'm not an idiot!" Sunghoon snapped, his patience wearing thin after the repeated insults.

Their voices rose above the previously sacred silence that had enveloped the room. A single glance, a touch, and one seemingly innocuous comment had stirred a tempest of harsh and heated insults between the two.

"And yet, you are my carrier, and I am your shadow. It's a simple equation, duh!" Heeseung retorted, his tone dripping with condescension.

"Why did you choose me anyway?" Sunghoon asked, his disbelief still lingering.

"Well, because you lacked motivation. I thought you would be the best fit for me since I'm too lazy to be carried by someone who is the opposite of you, I was sent here to follow Jake and inform the palace of his movement but decided that he still deserves his own space in the earth because just to find him falling in love with a human girl." Heeseung stated nonchalantly.

"You're bloody relentless, Jake, with your feelings for this human," Heeseung grumbled, adopting the nagging tone of an old woman. Frustration laced his words as he continued, "Who sent you to spy on me anyway?"

heeseung sighed, exasperated by Jake's persistent questioning. "You know damn well who sent me. you are the prince of hell and you try to ignore the fact, you motherfucker. Your king, your father, assigned me the task of watching over you, and I've been lying to him every time he demanded information."

"You know damn well that he's not my father," Jake retorted, his voice filled with defiance and a hint of bitterness.

"And I know damn well enough that he is your father," heeseung shot back, his anger fueling the fire in his eyes. He could feel the blood pulsating through his veins, his emotions intensifying beyond what he had ever anticipated. He had never intended for his feelings to grow this strong, to become entangled with a mere human. 

He had tried to ignore the tattoos that marred his skin, reminders of his forbidden connection to her. The pain he felt whenever his emotions for her grew, the conflicting desires warring within him, it was all becoming unbearable.

Glancing back at Heeseung, Jake realized the magnitude of the mess he had gotten himself into. If Heeseung knew about his feelings for her, then there was no doubt that their king, Lucifer, would soon find out as well. 

the king's powers were formidable, dark, and all-encompassing. Even if Jake refused to acknowledge him as his father, there was an undeniable blood tie between them. And Lucifer, with his immense strength, could undoubtedly sense his son's emotions.

Jake had truly fucked up, and with whom? Lucifer.