22-visitors of the dark

As time elapsed, the couple grew closer and closer, attending to each other's needs, and showing concern for both their loved and disliked aspects. Gradually, they transcended to a higher stage of their relationship.

Each day commenced with a tender kiss on Yn's cheeks or forehead, openly expressing their affection. However, as their connection intensified, the undercurrent of desire started to emerge. Jake consciously halted its progression, recognizing the importance of restraint. That particular morning, when she opened her eyes to the world, something felt remarkably different. And It was the sparkle that caught her attention—a delicate, velvety necklace adorned her neck, a heartfelt gift thoughtfully presented by Jake.  He just gifted her a beautiful necklace. 

She could remember how she gingerly touched the pendant, her fingertips tracing the intricate contours, a rush of emotions surged within her. Gratitude overwhelmed her heart, mingling with a newfound sense of cherished significance. The weight of the necklace against her collarbone served as a constant reminder of their connection. The sound of the apartment phone reverberated through the air, catching Jake's attention as he stood in the kitchen, and Y/n's as she lovingly caressed her puppy nestled on her lap. Reluctantly, she placed her furry companion on the floor and made her way toward the door.

As she reached for the doorknob and turned it, she was taken aback by the sudden embrace of strong arms, wrapping tightly around her. Startled, she looked up to see a familiar face with brown hair, a smile spreading across his lips. "I missed you so much!" the words escaped the ma's mouth, his warm breath tickling her ear and sending shivers down her spine.

"Hi," she managed to say, a smile forming on her face as she extricated herself from his embrace.

"Miss me?" Sunghoon inquired, observing her surprised expression.

"Surprised?!" he sang out, teasingly. "It's just that I've never been here before."

"Oh," she responded, her tone betraying her genuine surprise. "Don't tell me you don't want to see me!" he playfully feigned hurt, trying to elicit a response.

"No, no, not at all," she quickly corrected herself, feeling a twinge of guilt for her unintended implication. Even though he was only joking, she didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He made his way toward the living room, feeling a sense of warmth and hospitality enveloping him. Patting the seat next to him, he gestured for Y/n to join him. "So, how's life?" he asked, genuine concern etched on his face. He was well aware of the hardships Y/n had faced, and the loss she had endured within her family. It was this deep understanding that compelled him to reach out and offer a helping hand, wanting to be there for her in any way he could. However, Y/n had been battling with her own demons, sinking into depression and choosing solitude over companionship.

She hesitated for a moment, grappling with the weight of her emotions. She had been pushing everyone away, erecting walls around herself. But Sunghoon's presence, his genuine care, touched her in a way she couldn't ignore. "It's been tough," she admitted, her voice laced with vulnerability. "but everything is going better now."

Sunghoon nodded understandingly, his eyes filled with empathy. He knew he couldn't magically erase her pain, but he wanted her to know that she wasn't alone. "I'm here for you," he said softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "You don't have to face it all by yourself. We can go through it together, one step at a time."

Y/n's guard started to crumble, the walls she had built slowly weakening under the weight of his genuine support. She realized that sometimes, opening up to someone and accepting their help could be the first step toward healing. With a mixture of gratitude and apprehension, Y/n took a seat next to Sunghoon, her heart slowly opening up to the possibility of finding solace in his presence. It was a delicate journey ahead, but together, they would navigate the depths of her struggles and discover the healing power of connection and love.

With a small smile gracing her pink lips, Y/n reflected on the peaceful two weeks she had experienced, free from the torment of nightmares that had plagued her nights. She pushed aside the thought of her asthma, which miraculously seemed to have subsided during this time. It was all thanks to a mysterious presence that had appeared one fateful night, becoming her guiding light —Jake. However, Jake was nowhere to be found at that moment. Could he have turned invisible once again?

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she decided to address the situation.

"Why did you come?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity and a hint of confusion.

"There's a reason," he replied, handing her a book.

"Don't tell me..." Y/n's words trailed off as she struggled to find the right words, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Yes, it's already published. I sent it to you via email, but I don't think you've seen it," Sunghoon explained. The weight of his words slowly sank in, and Y/n's eyes widened with realization.

"Oh, right! I haven't checked it," she admitted, lightly slapping her forehead with her palms.

"It's been two days since it was released, and readers have been buying your work non-stop, Y/n," Sunghoon revealed, his voice filled with excitement.

There was a brief moment where Y/n's face transformed into a mask of confusion, her brain struggling to process the information. Her wide eyes stared blankly before a radiant smile slowly spread across her face, her eyebrows shooting up in delight.

"That's amazing, Sunghoon!" she exclaimed, her joy bubbling over.

"By the way, where's the puppy? I sent it," Sunghoon inquired, diverting the conversation to a lighter topic.

"Oh, Frost? He's in my room, peacefully asleep," Y/n replied, her voice filled with affection for her furry companion.

Sunghoon's eyes twinkled with amusement. "So, its name is Frost, huh?" he commented, his tone playful.

Y/n nodded, a soft smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Yeah, I thought it suited him perfectly. And it's also a wonderful gift from you."

The thought of the adorable puppy brought warmth to their hearts, momentarily easing the tension that had lingered in the air. Y/n's gratitude towards Sunghoon swelled, appreciating his thoughtfulness and the gestures that had brightened her days.

"I'll go bring Frost to you. Make yourself at home," Y/n offered, her smile radiating warmth and hospitality.

Sunghoon nodded, his eyes filled with anticipation as he watched Y/n disappear into her room. He couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment in their shared moments, knowing that he had brought a little joy into her life with his gift.

As she reached for the doorknob, she was startled by a whispering sound emanating from the other side. A wave of nervous energy washed over her, causing her palms to sweat and her logical thinking to falter. 

The options raced through her mind—should she run or confront whoever was behind the door? The adrenaline coursing through her veins amplified her instincts, leaving her torn between fight or flight.

Slowly turning the doorknob, she pushed open the door, revealing a dimly lit room shrouded in mystery. As she cautiously stepped forward, her eyes widened at the sight before her—a figure, more like figures.