1- Stuck with you

Prologue

Stuck with you

He walked beside her everyday. Invisible to the human eye, he was her steadfast shadow, a constant presence in her life. Time held little meaning to him, for he had lived through countless centuries, blessed with immortality and bestowed with the title of the prince of darkness.

His royalty was something forgettable for him,. Though he possessed royal blood running through his veins, his regal status was of little consequence to him. He had no insatiable desire for power or dominion, for his sole purpose lay in governing the shadows akin to himself. It was his duty to uphold the delicate balance of darkness in the human realm.

But also, being a shadow himself made him wonder what it feels to be working as a shadow of humans- and he did it. He claimed many humans as his, trying every person after another.

 Swiftly, he weaved through the lives of countless individuals, claiming them as his own, one after the other. The transitions were swift, almost seamless, guided solely by his own capricious whims. It was the sheer lack of stimulation that served as his only criterion for judgment. Boredom, an intangible force, determined the longevity of his chosen shadows.

It was fast- And his only judgment on them was boredom.

They were boring.

With each passing human, he sought to quench the thirst for novelty that stirred within him. Each encounter was a fleeting dance, a brief respite from the monotony of his immortal existence. For a moment, he could glimpse life through their eyes, understand their desires and fears, and revel in the transient intricacies of human existence.

He was enjoying being a shadow for some humans who got to end their lives as if it was nothing- humans were careless.

Not to forget, how they go for skinship and skin sex and getting drunk whenever they want their mind to be relieved- humans were mindless.

Less and less.

Who were they?

He didn't care, because they will die so soon and he will have to find another one to follow.

His last carrier passed away suddenly, he was a waste of time after all.

He has now to find another one, but this time he decided that he will be choosing a young soul.

Walking onto the streets to find one, the first teen he will meet, he or she will be his career after he will chase the soul away to take its place. He dared himself.

And then it happened like a siren- a female carrier was his choosing one. it was his first time to choose a female, he was a male, now he will have to adapt to her movements and all her concerns.

He was watching her.

It had been a long time doing so. why? Something is off with her, because she was different.

He couldn't understand her. He couldn't understand her way of living. She was a writer. Her only talent was to write, create fiction.

She wanted to take that seed of understanding and cast it far away.

What was the point in seeing, feeling the pain of people in disparate parts of the globe? Why couldn't she shut it out like everyone seemed to?

She worked quietly on her own. She had no uptown apartment or fancy car, and she had no more friends than she could count on one hand; but she was happy. She loved her job and her tiny apartment filled with other people's cast offs.

It was eclectic, vibrant, and all hers. She had the freedom to create entire worlds and populate them with characters, creating conflicts only to solve them in her own surprising ways. For y/n happiness were her books.

She doesn't care about the world, she keeps herself isolated from the world in her room working on her laptop trapped between four walls. No friends no boyfriends no relationship.

She was very calm and quiet , he loves this quality because he will not move too much, his previous carrier was always moving.

This girl was relaxing for him.

But the most important thing that cut his attention was her loneliness ,trapped in her small apartment.

The only moment she left her place was when she visited the cemetery, where Her mother was lying by her father's side under the sand in the cemetery, and who was there to care for her, to be troubled about her, to protect her? She was alone in the world like a tree without roots, like a leaf blown out to sea, like an unfledged bird that has fallen out of the nest.

She never accepted someone beside her. She was always alone, wasn't she tired of keeping everyone at a distance.

She chose isolation as a way to live, a way to protect herself.

But he couldn't understand her. She was so beautiful, sexy and smart. Her eyes, like the indigo ocean, were pools of iridescent blue, sculpted upon her creamy face like dazzling jewels.

Cherry lips, crystal white teeth: she truly was a beautiful sight to behold.

Her emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face. Her pain was evident in the crease of her lovely brow and the down-curve of her full lips. But her eyes, her eyes showed her soul.

They were a deep pool of restless blue, an ocean of hopeless grief. As he looked into her eyes he knew, all the beauty of the universe could not even hope to compete with this simple thing: passion.

Passion turned her eyes into orbs of the brightest fire, and in them he read clearly that she would fight to the very last tear for her life. She would not let the world break her. Sure she could cry, but she would never let them take her true self from her. She clung to it with passion.

Passion that made her beautiful.

He leaned back against her desk right next to her while she was working on her laptop, he leaned as he kissed her neck a wave of pure pleasure ran through his entire body. Her perfume is intoxicating.

While he kisses his way gently up her neck to lips that taste of cherry, the scenery disappears and he is lost in that moment.

She placed her hand on the place he just kissed her, rubbing it gently acknowledging the invisible soul near her.

She looked confused with puzzled experiences all over her face. What was happening? Maybe it was just her imagination.

Leaning another time on her laptop to keep writing, she was all confused with what was written there;

< I like you y/n

your shadow -