Only Hope Chapter 38

SOC: You by Switchfoot

Please listen to it when Louis is in the car :)

Louis' Pov:

I felt weak and pathetic. She is the only person in the world that has seen the real me, has opened up my eyes to the world, and treated me as her best friend but loved me as her partner. The one time I felt powerful enough to help her with anything is the time I absolutely can't do anything. One day she is going to obliterate and be gone from the world that we live in. She and I will never live a happy life as I dreamed of. We never talked about marriage or kids or our future, but it's something that I dreamed of happening and to be able to share with her. But now, it will not happen.

Her figure disappeared in the snowy air of the day, leaving behind a fragile man with a broken heart. I wanted to raise to my feet and chase after her but my knees were glued to the ground. The previous events were still fresh in my mind.

The throbbing clump in my throat burned from the dryness and not being able to speak. Then. . . I screamed.

I let out a ferocious scream. My lungs burned from the lack of oxygen; but the pain in my lungs did not mask the pain in my heart. My fists clenched and slammed into the ground repeatedly until they were numb from the snow.

I rose to my knees and sprinted back to the apartment at my fastest speed until I received a burning sensation in my calves. Instead of taking the lift, I ran up the emergency flight of stairs until I reached the top floor of the building. I was out of breath, but I used that as my advantage to run up faster.

I slammed open the metal, steel door; the room echoed with a loud bang and fright seeped through the familiar faces as they took in my appearance. My body shook with so much rage that I was going to explode at any second.

I stormed past them and to the key rack by the light switches in the front room. My fingers looped through my key ring for my car and yanked them off of the rack. The metal rack rattled by the force.

"Louis-" I turned around and all I saw was red. Red and smoke. "Fuck you!" I screamed and shoved Niall back. Harry quickly rose to his feet and ran over to me, but I pushed him back as well. "None of you come near me! Or I will hit each and one of you," I seethed through my tight, clenched teeth. Liam's eyes widen and he stumbled back in surprise. Zayn walked towards Niall and helped him up to his feet, but Niall shook his head and stood up on his own.

"What is your deal?" Harry asked, trying to stay calm. "You all lied to me! You fucking lied!" I screamed. "What are you talking about-" "Don't play dip-shit with me! You lied right to my face! You don't know what I want to do to you guys right now," I roared, lunging at him but Liam rushed to my side and held me back. "Bloody hell!" I let out a scream and punched the newly painted wall to my right. My fist collided with the drywall and went through with one hit. A puff of dust filled the air before disappearing moments later.

"Louis!" Harry yelled. I turned around and said, "I said don't come near me!" "What is going on?" Liam asked, nervous to tick me off even more. "Brooke is dying," I spat. "And you four didn't even tell me." Zayn let out an awkward cough and stepped behind Niall who gave him a look.

"I'm sorry-" "Sorry is bullshit to me right now. How can you guys keep something so big from me? How can I be so blind? It was right in front of my face. . . I yelled at Dylynn for speaking the truth, but I didn't know. I thought she was lying." "Louis-" "No. You had me believe everything was okay! Turns out that Brooke is dying in the most painful way and I didn't even know. Were you even thinking about what would have happened if she died sooner than you thought and I still didn't know?