Only Hope Chapter 44

Brooke's Pov:

"Are you ready?" Gemma asked, walking into my room just as I slipped my arms in a coat. "Ready as I'll always be," I said. "Great! Everyone is downstairs waiting to meet you," she said. I followed her out of the door and down stairs where a group of people sat on the couch having a talk about who is better, D.C. Universe or Marvel Universe.

"Guys! This is Brooke, my sister," Gemma introduce me. Six heads turned and looked at me with a smile, tree girls and three guys, but one stood out to me. "Tommy?" I questioned. "Long time no seen, Brooke," he said, waving with a grin. "What a small world," I said, awkwardly chuckling.

"I'm guessing you met him at the tattoo parlor?" Gemma asked. I nodded. The six of them stood up and stood in a line in front of me. "Hello. My name is Holly." A girl with long, brown hair and bright green eyes smiled, holding her hand out to shake. Her skin was tan and matched well with the blue jacket she wore. I cupped her hand and shook her soft hand with a smile.

"My name is Katie. I'm the adventurous one out of these five people," a girl with long blondish hair said. Her eyes were a light brown and her skin was lighter than Holly's.

"Hi. I'm April," a girl said. She was tall with short black hair and the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. Her skin was pale and fairly white. She was more on the edgy side, but her face held a kind smile.

I shook the three girl's hands before turning to the boys.

"I'm Tommy. Tommy Scott." Tommy smirked. "I know who you are, dork," I said, giggling. I looked at the man with the black hair blue eyes. He reminded me of April, but a guy version. "I'm Dylan. And to answer your question, I am not related to April. If anything, she is my fiancé," he said, laughing as if he read my mind. "Oh! Congratulations," I said.

I turned to face the man with short, blonde, wavy hair and also had a very light skin tone. He was very attractive, but by the way Gemma stared at him, I knew exactly who he was. "And you must be, Nirvana," I said. He looked at Gemma with wide eyes. "You told her how we met?" he asked, his cheeks turned pink.

"It might have slipped," Gemma joked. He looked back at me and held his hand out. "I'm Kyle," he said. I grasp his large hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you," I said. "All of you." I gestured towards everyone who had their arms wrapped around each other.

"Welcome to the gang, Brooke," Holly said. "Thank you," I whispered. "What are we going to do today, Gemma?" Dylan asked. "I had a thing or two in mind," she answered. "This won't end well," Kyle teased her. "Be quiet. Today is going to be fun," Gemma said. A hint of amusement dropped off of Gemma's tone of voice.

"It will either end in us getting arrested or separated," Tommy said. "What?" I gasp. "Hey! That was one time," she defended. "You got arrested?" I asked. "Well. . . We almost did. But we went hiking in the mountains and was separated because Gemma was leading us all the wrong way," Tommy explained.

"She almost killed us too!" Katie said. "Gemma?" I questioned with wide eyes. "We were separated for three hours. At least you all lived," she said. I laughed and shook my head, while biting the inside of my cheek.

Tommy stood off to the side with a smirk on his face as he watched me in amusement. This action caused me to blush. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," I said. He raised his hands in defense and chuckled.

"Alright. Let's get going," April said. The two couples walked ahead of us and out of the door. I walked next to Tommy and Katie was next Holly. "We will be taking two cars. Gemma, Kyle, Brooke, and Tommy in Gemma's car. And Dylan, April, Holly, and I will go in Dylan's car," Katie said. "We will follow you," Dylan said. "Sounds good," I said.