Only Hope Chapter 54

Brooke's Pov:

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked for the hundredth time. He shook his head. "I never said it was," Harry said. I looked at him before looking back at the two people sitting and sharing a nice conversation.

"Do you have your apron?" he asked, I nodded, raising the white cotton material. He tied his around his waist and I did the same. We were dressed in black like the waiters were, but our shoes were white converse that dust go with the dress code.

My hair was pulled back into a low pony tail and Harry's hung down to his shoulders. I wore dark eyeshadow and bright red lips to hide my features. "You really need a haircut," I told my brother. "Maybe after if this goes according to plan," he said. I grinned and stood up, he followed suit.

We watched as Louis walked away and inside the small building, most likely to use the restaurant. We jogged across the street and picked up the empty black trays before parting our ways. I slowly walked to the table Leah sat at.

I walked by her table and stopped to pick up the two empty glass filled with ice and the half eaten meal. "Good day miss," I said in my best american accent. I was terrible at it too. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Are you done with your plate?" I asked. She nodded and handed me the plate. But, me being "clumsy," I dropped the plate in her lap, the food spilling all over her white blouse. The plate crashed and shattered on the ground, causing everyone to turn and look.

She let out a gasp and a small shriek, cuing Harry to run over and "help" her. "Miss! Miss! Are you okay?" he said in his american accent. He reached over and knocked my tray over, the ice falling over out of the cup and on her.

"My shirt!" Leah exclaimed. I tried my best not to laugh because I knew it would be bad if I did. "We are so sorry," I said. "It's okay," she said, sighing. "Where is your boyfriend?" Harry asked. "Maybe he could grab a towel." "My boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend."

"What happened here?" Louis asked from behind. Harry and I froze in our spot, not wanting to turn around and be caught.

"Shit," my brother muttered. "The two waiters accidentally knocked food and ice over me but it's okay," Leah said, lightly laughing. Damn, she was too nice. After everything that had happened to her she was being to benevolently.

"Ah we should go," I whispered to the girl. Harry and I began to walk away until Louis' voice stopped us. "You can't leave her like this! Get back here, dumbasses," he snapped.

"We are so dead," Harry whispered. "Just walk backwards and avoiding looking at him," I said. "Or we can just get the hell out of here!" he exclaimed under his breath.

"Good idea," I said. The two of us ran off down the street to get away from the scene, but Louis being Louis, he ran after us. This couldn't go any worse. Louis would for sure be enraged with us once he realizes it was us.

We ran down the street we came from that led us back to the house. It was hard on me because my muscles continued to cramp up and pull with each step I took.

But, Louis caught up to us and tackled my brother and I to the ground. We landed with a loud thud and a smack. I let out an 'oof' sound and Harry let out a string of curse words.

"Who the hell do you think you are- Brooke and Harry? What the hell you guys!?" Louis yelled. He turned us over and stood up. We looked up at him and sat up. I let out a loud cough as I tried to calm my breathing.

"Why would you do that?" he repeated. There was no point in lying so I told him the truth. "I was jealous. . ." I mumbled. "What? Why?" he asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Why didn't you tell me Leah was your ex-girlfriend? I don't like that you're choosing her over me on your birthday." He sighed and shook his head. "She is just a friend. I love you and no one else," he said, "and you shouldn't have treated her like that. She is a nice girl."

"You thought the same thing about Dylynn," I pointed out. Harry nodded besides me, agreeing. He narrowed his eyes at him before looking at me, his eyes softening. "She isn't like her. I'm sorry that I ditched you and went with her but you shouldn't have treated her like that," he said.

"Are you mad at us?" I asked, worried of his answer. He sighed before shaking his head. "No, because I would have done the same shit," he said, laughing. I giggled and nodded in agreement. He lend me his hand and I grasped it, pulling myself up.

He offered his hand to Harry, but my brother declined and stood up without help. He dusted his bottoms off and gave Louis an apology as well. Louis accepted his apology with a kind smile. I did the same and apologized to Louis as well, he accepted it too.

"Even though it was nice for you to apologize to me, but I'm not the one you have to say sorry to," Louis said. "Will she be mad at us?" Harry asked.

"No, in fact I'm flattered to see that you love Louis," a voice startled us from behind. Leah walked up to us and reached out her hand to Harry and me. We shook her hand and she sent us a small smile.

"What we did to you was really mean," I said. "Ah it was out of jealousy. I would have done the same thing if I saw my fiancé out with his ex-girlfriend," she said, smiling. I was cautious of this girl. She was too nice. Maybe because of the Dylynn situation.

There was still something that I didn't like about this girl. Something was off with her, but I didn't know what it was. "I see you guys aren't american," she teased. Harry half smiled while I frowned.

Louis noticed my sudden mood of change and he sent me an assuring smile. His small gesture made me smile but I still felt like something was off with this girl.

"Well, it was nice knowing you but Harry and I will be going. Finish your day together," I said, grabbing Harry's hand and dragging him away from two confused people.

"Something is off with her," he said, confirming my thoughts. "Yep," I said. "Are we going to figure it out?" he asked.

"Yes we are."

A/n: So apparently Zayn left One Direction. . . How do you guys feel about it? I prefer keeping my thoughts to myself but I am still upset over it. I think he should have at least finished the tour. . .

Anyways!! I updated!! Woohoo!! How did you guys like this chapter? I'm sorry if it seems rushed or short. I promise the next one will be better.