Only Hope Chapter 12

Louis' Pov:

I waited anxiously for her to answer. I didn't know why I asked her but something came to me that I should give her a chance. A good relationship would help get my mind off of things. She isn't another Brooke even if she looks similar to Brooke.

I just need someone who would love me and won't end up leaving me like Brooke. I need someone who I can love and give them all of my attention. I want to be able to hug, cuddle, buy things, or kiss someone. I want... No I need someone who will love me back.

I will always love Brooke. Deep down in my heart I always will but what she has become isn't her. I want the old Brooke to come back. I know, who she is now, is because of me and I can't live with that regret so I'm letting her be free too. We were not meant to be and that's okay. Harry forbidden us to be together and Brooke agreed. That's all it took for things to not work out and become destroyed.

I gave Dylynn a nervous smile. She looked back at me with surprise written across her face. She wasn't reacting or giving me an answer. I was worried and I feared that I had messed up again. "You didn't mess up," she sighed after a moment of silence. "Did I say that out loud?" I gasp. She giggled and nodded. "Oops," I blushed. She brought her hand up and caressed my cheek with a smile. "I love you," I blurted out. This seemed to take both of us by surprise. "What?"

"I love you," I murmured again. "Please take me as your boyfriend. Give me a chance. I want there to be an us," I whispered shyly. A tint of pink rose upon her cheeks. "Do you mean that?" She asked. I took her small hands in mine and looked at her. "Of course I do. I figured it out that it was you who I love. You were always there for me. You've never lied, hurt, or betrayed me and I love you for that. Please give me a chance and I will make you love me the way I love you," I said.

Her lips pulled up in a smile. "Louis," she paused, "only on one question." I nodded for her to continue but I was a bit hesitant to know the question. "Well," she paused. "Do you love me more than Brooke?" "Of course," I said without hesitation. "I love you much more than I love Brooke. In fact, I'm over her." She looked a bit unsure. I sighed and said, "Dylynn I am going to be honest with you. Brooke was my first real heartbreak. Of course there will still be some feeling of love towards her but it's nothing to the amount of love I have for you. I am ready to move on with you. I want to be with you. Please be my girlfriend." What was I saying?

She stood there for a moment because smiling. "I would love to be your girlfriend. I am willing to give us a try because I love you too." I stood there smiling at her like a goof. I have another chance to make things right and I'm not afraid to take that offer. Dylynn is the women I love. She is different in a good way. She is exactly what I look for in a girl. She is almost another me.

I leaned in and kissed her soft plumped lips. Like before, there was no sparks between us as we kissed under the moonlight. I will get that spark between us someway, somehow. I didn't receive the same feeling I get when I kissed Brooke but that didn't matter. I wanted Dylynn. She was so beautiful and she is all mine. Her kissable lips were all I could think about. I can love her but it doesn't feel so right. I knew deep down that I made a bad decision but all I could focus on was kissing the beautiful girl who stood in front of me.

But like all relationships, there was a problem. Did I love her? Of course. But was I in love with her? No. I was in love with Brooke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The lift doors opened up and I walked out. I appeared in the dark, quiet, and lonely room. My lips exhaled a sigh before I begin walking up the staircase. As quiet as I can possibly be, I made my way down the long hallway. I stopped outside Brooke's door that was at the end of the hallway. My hand gripped onto the doorknob and I quietly twisted the door up. I carefully walked in and made my way to the side of her bed that she was on.

She was sound asleep with tear stains running down her red cheeks. My heart broke at the sight of her. I sighed and crouched down to her level. I pushed the knotted hair out of her face and took a good look at her. After today, I knew this will be the last time I will ever touch her like this. So sweet and caressing. She will hate me.

I took her small hand in mine. Both of my hands cupped her one hand. I gently kissed her hand and kissed each tender knuckle. I closed my eyes and rested my head against our hands. I stayed like that in the quiet room for a few minutes but a small hand ran their fingers through my hair, taking me by surprise. I looked up, startled, to see a pair of dull green eyes looking back at me with a small smile. I smiled lightly back at her.

She let go of my hands and scooted back in the bed. My face fell as I thought she was rejecting me but when she noticed my sudden mood of change, she patted the spot next to her as a sign for me to lay next to her. I took no hesitation in laying next to her. I wrapped one arm around her body and pulled her close to my chest. She wrapped her arm around my torso and laid her head on my chest.

I kissed the top of her head as I watched her close her eyes. We said no words as we enjoyed each other's company. I knew I had to break the news to her soon so I did. "I'm dating Dylynn," I whispered. I waited for a scream or a yell or a shove but it never came. Instead I received a nod which I was surprise at.

"You're not mad?" I asked. She shook her head. "Why would I be? I want you to be happy and if being with Dylynn makes you happy, then be with her. I knew it would have came sooner or later," she finally spoke in a hush tone. I nodded and pulled her closer to me. "This isn't right. Laying with you right here," I admit. "Shh," she whispers softly, "I want to make the best of it." "Okay."

She nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck. I smiled at the small gesture she gave me. She gave my body a small squeeze before relaxing. "This is nice," I said. "What is nice?" She asked. "Us not fighting for once," I said in honesty. She giggle and said, "I agree." "So are we friends?" I asked. She smiled, "More like best friends, again." I laughed and kissed her cheek causing her to laugh as well. "Just like old times," she murmured. I smiled but it soon faded.

"Why?" I suddenly asked. "Why what?" She asked. "I have to know Brooke. Why did you give up on me so easily?" I asked in curiousity. She sighed before speaking. "I can't tell you Louis. Please believe me. Like you once told me, 'I so badly want to tell you but I can't. One day I will tell you. Just not today.' I will tell you later on in life but not now. You will have to trust me on this," she said. I nodded in an understandmemt.

"Everything is perfect now. I don't want to ruin it," she said. "Okay?" She waited for me to answer. I nodded, "Okay." The room fell silent as we laid down together. It was silent as we both started to fall asleep in each other's arms with our legs entwined. Before we fell in a deep sleep she whispered her last sentence before falling asleep, "Someday you'll know why I wasn't meant for you."

A/n: So sorry for the late update! I will try to update as much as I can before I leave this Thursday and I won't be back until June 23rd then I can update as much as I want! I hope everyone has a great summer break and those who haven't finished school well, good luck with exams and such! I will try to update tomorrow!