Only Hope Chapter 57

Brooke's Pov:

"I don't feel so good," I stated as we walked back in the house. Louis wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his hand on my stomach. I leaned into him as the three of us walked to the couch. "What's wrong, babe?" he asked. "I feel nauseated," I answered truthfully. "Is it..." "No, Harry. It isn't my period," I said, lightly chuckling before wincing at the electrifying jolt of pain I felt in my muscles.

"Is it your sickness?" Louis asked, fear plastered on his face. I shook my head. "No. This is more like the flu. My stomach really hurts and I feel like I may throw up," I said. The three of us sat down on the empty couch with a blank TV staring back at us.

"I hate having the flu especially if I'm going to have it with my-" I stopped and my eyes widen in horror. I moved my legs up and down to feel nothing there; and when I realised what maybe going on, I almost fell over.

"Brooke? Brooke what's wrong?" Louis asked, concern appeared on both of their faces. "N-Nothing," I stuttered. Harry narrowed his eyes and said, "I see that something is wrong. Now, what is it?" "I-I just realised something. Girl problems. Can you get Gemma for me?" I flashed him a weak smile.

He hesitantly nodded and descended down the hallway to the back patio where everyone was at. "Brooke, what is going on? What did you realise?" Louis asked. He placed a finger under my chin and made me look up at him. "You're my fiancé and soon to be wife. I need to know. We are in this together," he said in a calm, peaceful tone.

"I know. I know... It's just girl stuff," I lied. "You're lying," he said. "What?" I asked, clearly surprised. "I know when you are lying and you are. I can see right through you. What is it?" he asked. "It's just I forgot to get tampons and pads... And I need Gemma to go get some for me from the store," I said. It was half true. Part of it was a lie.

"I could go get it for you," he offered but I shook my head. "Thank you,Louis, but I think I think me and Gemma will go get it," I said. "But you're not feeling well," he argued. "I will be fine," I said, sending him an assuring smile.

"Brooke! Is everything okay?" Gemma asked as she walked in with Harry. I smiled and nodded. "I need you to come with me to the store to get pads and stuff," I said. "Have Louis. I want to be with Kyle," she pouted.

"Gemma! I want you to come with me, dammit," I cursed. Everyone's eyes widen in shock as so did mine. "Crap. I'm sorry..." I apologized. She lightly smiled and nodded. "I'll go get the keys," she said before disappearing upstairs only to descend down the stairs with her purse and car keys.

I stood up with Louis and hugged my brother and him goodbye before I walked out of the door with Gemma. "Someone is pissy," she teased. We walked to the car and quickly got in before starting the car up and taking off down the rode.

"Gemma, we have an issue," I said. "What? What's wrong?" she asked. "Are you feeling okay? Is your sickness catching up?" she asked. I almost passed out from what she said. "What?! What are you talking about?" I asked.

She sighed and said, "Harry told me." I frowned and looked ahead at the rode. Occasionally she will look over at me to see my reaction, but I payed her no attention. "Why? Why didn't you tell me? Does mum know?" she asked. "I didn't want you guys to worry, and no."

"Brooke! This is serious. This shit is serious. You are going to die and you expect us not to worry? We will always worry. You are my little sister. We just found you and you are going to die for goodness sakes! Is that why you were in pain the other day when we were laughing? I know it was.

"I wish you would have told us. I want to do everything in my power to keep you well and safe," she said, a few tears slipped from her eyes. She pulled in the parking lot of the grocery store and began to sob. I reached over and pulled her in a tight embrace as she held me by equally as tight.

"I love you so much, Brooke. You are my sister, my best friend. I don't want this to happen to you. You are so filled with life, and you don't deserve this," she cried. "I love you too, Gemma. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I promise I will always come to you from here on out," I said, gently squeezing her body in my arms.

"From here on out I will be here for you. I will do anything to keep you alive and well for a long as I can. I promise you that," she said, "I swear on my life that I will." I smiled and hugged her once more before we pulled apart.

"So, why do we need to get lady products? We have a full stock at home," she said, laughing as she wiped her eyes. My smile faded and she realized it was something serious. "We aren't here for lady products, aren't we?" she asked, I shook my head.

"Is it what I think it is?" I slowly nodded to confirm her suspicion. "Okay okay. Let's quickly do this," she said, exiting the car. I followed suit and we quickly ran inside the store, going towards the feminine aisle.

She grabbed the box that we needed and we ran to self-check out; once we paid for it we wasted no time getting to the car and to the house. When she knew it was serious, she raced home as fast as she could go and we arrived there in two minutes since we were down the street.

We stepped out and ran inside the house, passing everyone and running upstairs into the nearest bathroom. We let ourselves in to see Niall standing shirtless in front of the mirror with his wet hair dripping in front of his face and a towel wrapped around his hips.

"Move," Gemma said, shoving him out of the door and locking the door. If we weren't in a serious situation then I would have laughed as she shoved Niall out and him pounding on the door while Gemma cusses him out. He eventually left, storming off downstairs.

"Pull down and sit on the toilet. I'll get it set up," she ordered. I did and obeyed her directions while she pulled the little device out of the box. A loud knock pounded on the door and Louis' muffled voice came through. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, now can you please leave? Gemma is teaching me how to use a tampon," I lied. I can picture his face quiver in disgust as he choked on a cough. "Oh! Okay," his voice came out shaky.

Gemma bit her lip from laughing as she handed me the device. I gently grasp it in my hands and placed it in between my legs. I relaxed my body and peed on the white stick before placing it on toilet paper. "Now, we wait," she said.

During the next five minutes of anxiousness and anticipation, I cleaned myself up and tried to calm down. A lot of thoughts were running in my mind. Gemma tried her best to calm my nerves, but it didn't work. We stayed in complete utter silence until the beeping of the device snapped us out of our daze.

I nervously glanced at the stick and picked it up. My eyes skimmed it until I found the small, square screen that confirmed my thoughts.

"Shit."

A/n: Now could this go good or bad? What are your opinions on this!? Let me know and tell me what you thought of this little chapter.

Hint for next chapter: secrets