Only Hope Chapter 49

Brooke's Pov:

I stood frozen in my place as well as everyone else. Louis' eyes were narrowed at Harry; but just as Harry was going to speak, Louis turned away, grasp my hand in his and we walked out of the house, leaving everyone speechless.

Louis walked us to his car, and opened the the door for me. I sat in and he closed it, then walking to the driver's side and getting in.

Harry ran out of the house with fire in his blazing eyes. His eyes met with mine, and it frighten me to see how dark his eyes were. Louis looked up, raised his fist in the air and flipped my brother off. He turned the car on and sped off down the rode.

"Louis, please slow down," I said, looking at the diameter that read sixty-eight miles-per-hour. His hands gripped tighter around the steering wheel and his knuckles turned pale white from the loss of blood flow. "Louis!" I shouted. He snapped out of his phase and looked over at me; the car began to slow down and he pulled over to the curb by a small pet shop.

His body relaxed from his tense state, and he looked over at me with an apologetic look. "I am sorry I told your brother about our intimate moment and the proposal without your permission. It wasn't his business and-" "I honestly don't care about that. I care about why you got so hyped up. What is wrong?" He shook his head and rested it against the wheel.

"Louis, I need to know what is going on." He sighed and looked up at me with sadness in his eyes. "Let's go for a walk then," I said. I stepped out of the car and he followed my steps, locking the car and coming over to me.

I took his hand in mine and we walked the streets of Cheshire. We earned a few strange looks because of our pajamas, but we managed to ignore them and continue to mind our own business.

"Can today be just you and me? I would like to spend my birthday with my girl," he said. I smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze. "Anything for you."

"Harry is one of the main issues. I can't stand how I feel like he needs to control our lives. If I want to marry you, then I'm not going marry you. If I want to have a future with you, then I will. He shouldn't decide for me," he ranted. "He needs to be there for us but not to the point where it's overbearing."

"What is the other reason?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow at me and I quickly shut my mouth. "Oh. . ." I murmured, "let's not speak of that. Please?" "We have to, Brooke." I stopped walking and stared up at him. "What is there to talk about? You know my case. The only thing we don't know is when the time comes. And I hate talking about, because I want to spend my last moments with the one I love. I want to spend my last days having fun, becoming married, and experiencing life because I've only got so much time left.

"I don't want to be constantly reminded of what is going to happen. I want to continue on with my life and act as if everything is fine and that everything is going to be okay. Because I don't want to wake up and see the look on your face, reminding me of what's going on.

"We will deal with this when the time comes, and we will know when it comes. Right now there is three things we need to focus on: our wedding, our relationship, and dealing with my brother. Okay? Please, Louis. That is all I'm asking for," I said. He looked at me with uncertainty.

"What will happen when the time comes?" he asked. I placed my right hand on his cheek as he closed his eyes and cupped it with his hand. "We will deal with it when the time comes," I whispered. He slowly nodded.

"It's crazy at how much I love you," he whispered. I smiled and gently kissed his lips. "Now, we have something important to discuss," I said. He opened his eyes and looked at me, questioningly. "What will that be?"