Only Hope Chapter 27

Brooke's Pov:

"You're kidding me?" My mouth let out a gasp as I stared at my brother in disbelief. It was something I never would have thought he would do. My body fell back and had hit the back seat with a soft smack. "Yeah! Harry used to walk around my house in the nude- with his bare ass hanging out- when my sisters are around. They were mortified when he first did it. What a nudist he was!" Jack said, Harry's cheeks turned a shade of pink. "I wasn't a nudist. I was letting it all hang free," he said, shrugging as if it was no big deal.

"You're disgusting." I quivered at the thought of my brother walking around the house in the nude. "I feel sorry for your sisters, Jack." "It is human nature! Besides, that was years ago. I've grown, matured, and realized it was completely embarrassing," he said with a loud laugh. "You don't seem embarrassed by it now, do you, Harry?" Liam asked. "Eh. . ."

"Please change the subject. It is disgusting talking about my brother like this," I said, shaking my head. "We are grown ups. We are discussing this as adults and grown men," Jack said. Niall and Zayn agreed. "Ew! No. This is my brother. If I wanted to see my brother naked I would have hid in his closest in his room. No more!" I exclaimed with a petrified expression. "Love, anything for you." I took a look at Jack over my shoulder. He sat with a smile on his face as he was already looking at me. My first response was to smile, but then a blush appeared on my cheeks then it faded into a frown (the frown appeared from the upcoming events).

"We're here!" Louis shouted from the back, interrupting Jack and me. Harry slammed on the brakes, causing everyone to slam forward and hit the seat in front of them. Car horns blew at us from the angry drivers that drove by as they gave us the finger. My head smacked the passenger's seat, and sending a shock through my body and dizziness to come for a second. I shook my head and looked at my group of friend who were glaring at my frighten ex-friend (boyfriend).

"LOUIS!" we shouted. All of our bodies shook at the traumatizing moment. "Bloody hell, Harry? Did you have to slam on the breaks? And almost cause a car accident?" Louis grumbled. "Did you have to scare us!?" Harry yelled with a bright red face and trembling hands. "What the hell are you doing here?" "Dylynn is busy with her friend so I came with you guys," he explained. "We don't care. Get out," I snarled, spinning around to face the front and not the back.

"Oh come on. . . I'm bored and I would have done the ice bucket challenge with you, lads, but it seemed like you didn't want me to," Louis mumbled. I turned back around to face him with horror. He looked up from his hands and his eyes landed on me. "What? What did I say this time? I'm sorry if I said something that offended you. . ." "How long were you there for?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why?" Louis asked, "also why were you doing that? The challenge was done so long ago. You're a little late." "Because," I snapped, slightly hurt. "Because why?" he edged on. "It's none of your business." "It isn't? Why can't I know?" "Louis, I think it's time for you to drop it-" "Shut up, Harry. You're not in this," Louis snarled at his friend. Harry simple rolled his eyes.

"Eff off, Louis. I do not have to tell you anything," I spat. "See that is your problem, Brooke. You never want to tell anything. And I'm getting sick of it," he said. "Oh don't say that! You don't tell me half of the things you keep either," I said. "Like what?" "That you're jealous!" I exclaimed. "Me? Jealous? You're saying I am jealous? Please don't enlighten yourself. I would never be jealous because of you," he said.

"Tell that to Jack's broken nose." "It's not broken," he defended. "Is it Jack?" I asked, turning my head to look at the man that sat in an awkward position. "Uhh, I rather not say." "Because it isn't," Louis said. "Is so asshole!" I screeched. "Quit being bitchy," Louis growled. "Jerkoff," I spat. "Will you two please shut the hell up?!" Harry screamed from the driver seat. The car fell into an uncomfortable silence. Harry's head laid against the steering wheel and his face was covered by his hands.

"You're giving me a bloody headache from your constant fighting. It's miserable," he moaned. "I don't care about the stupid headache. She deserves every word thrown at her," Louis said. "You're so unbelievable. Whatever. . . I'm sorry," I seethed. "Actually, no I'm not sorry because oh my gosh! I am so fucking sick of saying sorry when I am the one collapsed on the ground with my lungs bursting, and feeling like a million knifes are stabbing me all over. I cry day and night because of the way you treat me. Everyone has secrets. And some secrets are meant to be kept. Why can't you accept that?"

Louis kept his hard, stern glare on me. There were no words being exchanged amongst us. The silence crept over us and the tension rised. "I don't care about how you feel. I want you out of my sight," Louis sneered. "And I want you out of my personal life. It looks like we may get our wish," I said. There was a small gasp from Niall as I spun in my seat and slammed open the van door.

"Brooke!" Harry yelled. I stepped out of the van and turned around, grabbing the door handle. My body leaned in and my head peeked inside the vehicle. "Don't come looking for me, any of you, I mean it. Stay out of my way," I snarled. I slammed the door shut and I walked away from Louis who was about to feel the wrath of my brother.

A/n: I am sorry this is late! A lot of issues have been happening with wattpad, family, friend, ect... I hope this was good :) next chapter should be better. This was a filler. To make it up, here is a sneak peek of a future chapter:

"What would you do if I kissed you right now?" he asked in a hush whisper. My heart pounded loudly against my chest as he leaned in closer. His body inched towards me, and the closer he came the more I wanted to feel his lips against mine. But as he stopped, only meters away from my lips, he let out a chuckle and said, "Do not worry. I'm not going to kiss you. That would be foolish of me. Besides, you're my best friend and I may receive a slap to the face." He pulled away and looked out at the sun set that shined over the horizon of the twinkling city.

I took a step back and I lowered my head to look at anything but him. My cheeks were heating up from embarrassment and from being shy, but I could not help but not push aside the feeling of amorous arousing inside of me. I looked at him to admire his soft, but manly features. His blue eyes glistered from the light of the sun. His jawline was sharp and masculine with stubble along his jaw and chin. I wanted to stand on my toes, reach up, and run my fingers through his slightly messy, brown hair. His biceps and triceps flexed with every slightest bit of movement he made.

I took a step forward and his eyes fell on me. Inside I built up the courage to look him in the eye. "Try me," I whispered. His lips parted in shock, but he kissed me anyway. Our bodies touched and I felt his arms wrap around my fragile body, and he pulled me in his embrace.