Only Hope Chapter 9

Only Hope Chapter 9

Brooke's Pov:

'127 Gaskell Street. 127 Gaskell Street.'

I walked along the sidewalk underneath the lamp lights. My chattering teeth could be heard miles away from the complete silence I was in. I strolled down the street scanning the different addresses but I couldn't find the one I am looking for. I knew I was getting closer and each time I see the number go up on the address, my heart will pound even harder and my palms would sweat. I wanted to get this over with. I even almost turned around until my eyes spotted on the numbers 127.

I let out a nervous sigh before slowly walking up the cemented steps. My feet stopped in place once I stood outside of the large wooden door. I began to bite onto my lip nervously. I couldn't believe what I was about to do. My fist slowly rose up and softly knocked on the door. I looked around and placed my hands behind my back. For a second I thought I saw the bush move but I shook off the thought as I heard the door open.

I grew even more nervous until my eyes landed on a familiar red head. Both of our eyes widen in shock. Neither one of us spoke a word. Her curvy frame was nothing compared to my petite frame and I felt a little insecure. Her shoulder length red hair was tied loosely in a bun. She wore her black rimmed glasses that hung off her nose. Her outfit was a pair of black leggings with a grey sweater and slippers.

We were both so gob-smack until my features turned into a frown. "YOU!" I screamed. "You're that waitress back at the restaurant a year ago!" I growled. I rolled my sleeves up and brought up my shaking fists and said, "Oh you're going to get it!" "Wait!" She squealed. I stopped and lowered my fist. "What?" I sneered. "Please. It isn't what it looks like. You're not after me," she pleaded. "You and your little friend ruined mine and Louis' relationship! How could I not go after you? I could rip that perfect red hair out of your scalp right now," I spat with venom evident in my tone. She gasp and said, "You would not." "We will see," I said as I charged after her but a pair of strong, muscular arms pulled me back.

I screamed and struggled against the mighty grip. "Let me go Harold!" I continued to scream and throw a fit. My fist pounded against his chest but it didn't even make him flinch one bit. "Her and that thing deserves it!" I cried out. "They ruined mine and Louis' perfect relationship," I began to sob. The tears fell from my eyes as I fell limped into his arms. It was no use as I clung onto my brother and cried. "Be the bigger person," he whispers in my ear. "Be strong."

The young women looked at us with hurt in her eyes. "Brooke," she whispers. I looked up at her through my swollen red eyes in surprise. "H-How do you know who I am?" I gasp. "Long story," she half smiled. I frowned and pulled out of Harry's grip. He watched cautiously from behind. I walked to the smiling red head and said, "Wipe that pathetic fake smile of that face of yours. I'm not falling for your tricks again." Her smile instantly faded and hurt flashed across her features.

"Brooke-" "No. Stop Harry," I rose my hand to stop him from speaking. I glanced at him then back at the scared girl. "Where is she?" I growled looking behind her. "Who?" She asked. "Do not play dumb with me. If you're here then obviously that relationship ruiner is here. I want to give her a piece of my mind before I look for someone else who clearly doesn't live here."

She sighed and said, "She left a few moments ago with a male friend. They went to the movies or to the pond. I don't know where." I frowned and said, "Don't lie to me." "I'm not! I swear please believe me," she begged. "I find that kind of hard to do," I retorted. "Since you two have ruined the one thing that makes me happy in life." "I'm so sorry. I had no intensions on doing what my friend did. I don't know why she did it," she confessed. "Apology is not accepted."