Only Hope Chapter 1

Only Hope Chapter 1

Louis' Pov:

"Brooke."

She paused in her step too stunned to realize what was happening. Her blonde hair fell down her back in a braid. Her small body slowly turned around and I was met with those familiar green eyes once again. She stood no less then five feet away from me. Her green eyes were filled with surprise and fear. "No," she whispered. A tear fell from her eye. I took a step forward but each time I did she took a step back. "No," she repeated. "Don't you dare come near me," she firmly instructed. I stopped. "Brooke," I whispered.

By now the airport was clear and it was the two of us left. We were left alone by the boarding gate of London. The plane already took off and we missed the flight. We would have to board another flight out of Sydney. With the flight being sold out, who knew how much longer till our next flight?

"You're blonde. What happened to you? You have a nose piercing, a tattoo on your wrist, and you're blonde. Did... Did I do this?" I whispered. Fearing she would run away again, I stayed back. She grabbed her wrist and looked down. A tear fell from my eyes realizing I did. "Baby girl I am so sorry," I said. She shook her head. "I didn't want you to see me like this," she whispered. "Why would you do this to yourself? Have you not been eating?" I asked. She bit her quivering lip. Tears fell from her eyes.

"I changed for the best," she said. I shook my head. A frown falling upon my face. "No," I firmly said. She looked at me with great surprise. "What?" She asked. "No. You were beautiful the way you were. You should have never done this to yourself. Especially over some foolish mistake I've done," I said. By now she was crying but she made no noise. I took my chance by walking towards her, slowly and hesitant. She looked at me once I've reached her.

I wrapped my arms around her fragile, frail little body. If I hugged her any harder, I was sure she would have broken into two. She cried on my chest as I held her in my arms. "I am so sorry," I whispered in her ear. She cried for a few minutes until she started to calm down. She took a deep breath then shoved me back, taking me by surprise. I stumbled back at the strength she had in her. My eyes widen in shock at her actions.

"You put me through so much Louis Tomlinson!" She yelled and shoved me back. "How dare you? Did you think when you come find me that I will come crawling back to you? That everything will be okay?" She asked as she shoved me again. "That I will fall for your tricks again? You played me Louis! After everything, do you still think I will ever love you again?" She yelled. She gave me one final push taking me by surprise. My heart ached at the sound of her weak voice. She doesn't love me. Not anymore. She said so herself. This isn't a hallucination. This is reality.

I felt a sting hit the side of my cheek. I stumbled back at the impact. I deserved that. She shoved me again and pounded against my chest with her fist. The physical pain made no impact on me. I hurt her so much and I deserve every hit she throws at me. "I really didn't deserve all the bullshit you gave me," she said. "I know, but I deserve every hit you throw at me." She stopped and lowered her hands as she heard me say this. Her lip quivered at the sound of my broken voice. "No. No you don't," she shook her head, "You don't deserve any of this."

"What were you thinking?" She whispered. "I thought searching for you across the world will make you realize how much I love you. I thought you would still love me," I whispered as a tear fell from my eyes. She frowned as she walked closer. She looked up at me. I could smell the familiar scent of vanilla on her. She lifted my chin up to look at her. I looked back at her in fear of her leaving. Her small hands cupped my cheeks and face. Her thumb gently wiped the fallen tear. "Well," she paused before beginning, "You thought right." A small smile fell upon her pink plumped lips. A smile fell on my lips. I have her.