Only Hope Chapter 41

Harry's Pov:

The wind blew in my face as I sped down between cars on a rented motorcycle I rented this morning. I pushed my classes up the bridge of my nose and leaned forward, twisting the knob on the handle bars to go faster.

I made a sharp right and went down two blocks before turning right into a parking lot. The bike roared until it came to a stop. I pulled the key it if the ignition and kicked the brake stand out. My hands reached up and pulled the black helmet off of my head and clipped it on the handle. My leg swung off the bike, and I made my inside the bar where the lads were waiting for me.

I walked in the dark, empty room and made my way to the booth at the back where my friends sat. "Harry! What took you so long?" Zayn asked, standing up and giving me a handshake, then pulling me in a quick hug with a pat to the back.

The two other lads did the same before we sat down. "Traffic," I simple said. "Did you order?" "We order four beers. Is that okay?" Niall asked, I nodded. He sent me a small smile before patting my back. "What are we eating?" I asked. "We ordered hot wings for an appetiser but we were waiting for you to order lunch," Liam said.

"What's good here?" "Their barbecue burgers are good. It comes with bacon, barbecue sauce, and crispy onions," Zayn said. "I think I may have that," Niall said. "Me too," I added.

Shortly after, the waitress came and I swore I saw Brooke until I realised whom it was. My fist clenched to my sides as the familiar brunette walked up. "How may I help you-" "Since when did you work here?" Niall asked. "Oh please. I came here about two months ago," Dylynn said.

"Did you come here to ruin our friendship too?" I snapped. "Relax. I'm only doing my job. Besides, I don't want to waste my time dealing with you," she said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes and sat back in the bench.

"So what do you want? I'm tired of talking to you guys," she complained. "Looks like someone isn't getting a good tip," Zayn said, smirking. I secretly fist pounded him underneath the table before turning to face the witch. "Niall and I will have the barbecue burger with thin cut fries," I said. "Thanks, buddy," Niall said. "You're welcome, buddy." I couldn't help my laughter at out obnoxious behaviour.

"I will take the chilli cheese fries and the monster burger," Liam said. "And I'll take a pastrami sandwich, toasted, with waffle fries and a side of nachos with extra cheese to share with these fine people," Zayn said. "Damn, Zayn," I said. "Oh and bring the hot wings, servant," Liam added.

Dylynn snapped her notepad shut and stomped off to the kitchen with a scoff. The four of us high five each other with loud laughter. "Man that was epic!" I exclaimed. "She was so pissed," Niall said, giggling like a maniac. "The look on her face when you said servant! You're a genius , Liam!" Zayn said.

Eventually, we calmed down our laughter and began talking about last night's fùtbol game and what the score was. I didn't pay much attention to the conversation for three reasons. One: I hate soccer. Two: I suck at soccer. And three: Brooke (and even Louis).

I was so worried about the two of them. What if they went off and began dating behind my back again? What if? They wouldn't do that. I doubt they are even together after what happened. Louis was so pissed off at all of us for not tell him about Brooke. He did tell me he is back in Doncaster while Brooke is in Cheshire.

I called Gemma this morning to do a check up on Brooke. When she picked up, I first had to hear an earful from her big mouth yelling at me. Then, I figured Brooke didn't tell her the main reason why she was crying so I took in the yelling because part of it was true. But after she ranted to me about me she finally told me that Brooke is doing good, and they baked an ice cream cake last night and that made me feel much better.

I haven't called Louis again. I thought about calling Johanna and asking her about Louis, but I decided against it and thought Louis needed his space. He needs to work on coping with the big news and to clear his head. I am only hoping he didn't lie to me about going to Doncaster. But even if he did, what would be the worst thing that could happen? Louis and Brooke coming home engaged? The two of them announcing they are back together? The two of them had sex?

They both know I wouldn't accept that and I know they wouldn't do that behind my back without talking to me. But if Louis touched my sister in away that was involved in sex, I would not be afraid to kill the guy and run him over with the rented motorcycle.

Fingers snapped in front of my face and I came back to reality. "Yeah?" I questioned. The lads chuckled. "Food arrived," Niall said. I looked down to see a big plate of fries and a massive burger in front of me. "Oh. Thanks."

I picked up a fry and munched on it before picking up my burger. "What's on your mind?" Liam asked me. I looked at him and shrugged. "Harry. . ." Zayn said. I sighed. "What if Louis is with Brooke right now?" I asked them.

"He isn't," Niall said, biting into his burger. "How do you know?" I asked. "Did you not see how pissed off he was when he came back yesterday morning? He knocked me to the ground! He was pissed at us for not telling him; imagine how pissed he would be for Brooke telling us not to tell him and keeping it from him for what? Two years? He doesn't want to be around her right now. He wants to be alone and same with Brooke. You know how she is," he explained.

"I honestly don't know who she is anymore," I confessed. Zayn's eyebrows rose, then he sat his sandwich down. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Well, she isn't so afraid anymore of people, she acts as if everything is fine when she is dying, she changes her appearance, and she just acts different," I said. "She is growing up. I mean, look at us. We've grown up since. . . three years or more. Remember how we used to dress in those awful outfits thinking we were cool? Now look at us. We have hair on our faces, you lost your curls, Liam became more wild, Louis became more serious, I have became more grown up, and Niall. . . well he is still Niall.

But you get the point. Everyone grows up. Then, think about it, adding on her shoulders she has a sickness she has to live with and that's causing a lot of problems she needs to work out," Zayn said. I nodded and played with the fries on my plate. "I guess you're right. But I'm so worried for her," I said. "We all are. But you also have to know that you can't hunch over her every second of the day, Harry. She is a grown women and can make her own choices," Niall joined in. Liam and Zayn nodded in agreement.

"I guess you're right. I can't see her get hurt. Especially now since the issue came about," I said. "All we can do is take one step at a time," Liam said.

The rest of the day was filled with laughter. We moved on from the touchy subject of Brooke and more onto the jokes and laughter. We ended up giving Dylynn no tip (she deserved it). But the whole night I couldn't help but wonder what Brooke was doing now. . .

A/n: Well, look at that! Two updates in one day in only 4 hours ;) I am good! Kidding. How was this little insight of Harry's point of view? I want to try something new if you all don't mind. For each chapter (that I decide on) I will drop a hint in the next chapter.