Only Hope Chapter 21

Brooke's Pov:

"Hello Jack," Harry said. "Hey Jack," Liam said. Niall and Zayn said a hello and that was it. "How is everyone?" Jack asked. "Eh. We could be better," I said. "Wow Brooke! You sure have grown since two years ago. You're blonde too, you have a nose piercing, and you have a tattoo on your wrist. You also built a little muscle. Damn," Jack said. I giggled and said, "You have changed as well. What happened to your flipping hair? I liked it like that. Now it's styled up. You have grown taller and more muscular. Your voice has changed too!" "The main question is: What happened to Harry's curls? It's so long and it lost its curls. What happened?" he teased.

"Everyone's hair has changed since I've last saw them. Well, besides Zayn's. Niall has his hair styled up and his brown roots are showing through. Liam's hair is shaved and he has a beard now! Where is the other kid? I haven't seen him yet." He looked around and started yelling Louis' name. I snorted out a laugh and quickly covered my mouth so no one heard. "He isn't here," Niall said, laughing.

"Then, where the hell is he?" Jack asked. "Out with his scumbag girlfriend," Zayn muttered, rolling his eyes. "Oh! I thought he was dating Brooke," Jack sheepishly said. I shook my head. "That means you're single," he flirtatiously said. His right eye dropped in a wink. "Quit flirting with my sister," Harry said with a laugh. "My bad," Jack said, chuckling. "How's Berkley going?" I asked. "Amazing! We are on break now," Jack said. "What made you decided to come visit here?" Zayn asked. "I wanted to see how everyone is doing. Do you not want me here?" "Of course we do," Liam said. "I know. I'm only messing around," Jack snickered.

"How are the grades going?" I asked. "I'm keeping them up. It's tougher than high school of course but it is still going great. The professors are cool except my math teacher. He is an arse and doesn't like me for some reason. The funny thing is that I am exceeding well in that subject. It's my best," Jack said. "Wow! You're smart and good looking," I blurted out. My cheeks turned bright red in embarrassment. "Thank you," Jack said with a cheeky smirk.

"So, what do you rich people do for fun around here?" Jack asked as he took a seat on the couch. "Well," Harry said, taking a seat next to his friend. "We have grown up since two years ago. We matured. So, there isn't much to do." "Same goes for me," Jack said. We looked at one another in silence before we burst out laughing with tears streaming down our faces as we clutched our stomachs since it was hurting so much. "What a joke! We are still those idiots two years ago," Harry cackled. "I will never grow up until I get married," Jack said, wiping a tear from his eye. "But seriously... What do you guys do around here?"

"What do you want to do?" Niall asked, sitting on the other side of Jack. "Let's go out to eat, have a few drinks and catch up. Maybe we can go to that new laser tag place they opened up. We can eat there and stuff. I saw it and I thought 'why not !?' It would be fun to play laser tag and be kids again," Jack suggested. "Mate! Remember that laser tag set we won like two years ago? We can use that again. That sounds like a lot of fun," Liam said. "Those were the days," Zayn said with a grin. "Let's do it then. Let's go eat and play some laser tag," Jack said. "I like the idea," I said. "Harry?" He nodded with a smile. "It's settled! Let's get going you home bodies," Jack said.

We stood up and Jack ushered us to the open lift that still waited for us. The five of us crowded in the small and tightly packed area (Zayn went to go get the laser tag set they had won two years ago), Liam pushed the lobby button; the lift doors shut closed; and we made our way down to the bottom floor. Soon, the metal doors opened and we were making our way out of the lobby and to the familiar white van that Harry would always drive before I left for a year.

After everything, it still looked and smelt new. There was no scratches on the sides or broken windows and it still had the dent at the head lights that was never fixed. The van looked exactly like it did before I left and it brought back many memories that I couldn't help but smile at. They were memories I did not want to erase from my mind. Those memories are what brought me here today and they were the good kind, not the bad kind.