Only Hope Chapter 32

**Ahh!! Comment your reactions

Only Hope Chapter 32

Louis' Pov:

I stayed by her side the whole two days as she was passed out on the couch. My body was curled up on the couch with her in my arms; she hasn't woken up and I'm scared out of my mind. I do not know what the bloody hell is going on with her. No one would give me answers. Harry and I argued for a good ten minutes about taking her to the hospital, and we decided we would not.

I wanted her to go but Harry had other plans. There was no way changing his mind once he had his mind set. So, instead I stayed by her side. I slept with her curled into me or her laying on top of me, and her head was buried in the crook of my arm or neck. The soft puffs of air, that she blew from her nose, hit my tan skin and aroused goosebumps on my arm. She was beautiful when she slept, but lately she has been looking oddly ill but I didn't dare question it because I didn't want to think the worst.

Once in awhile I would feel her flinch or twitch under my touch. It would usually be her biceps or hamstrings or external obliques. She would also let out a small whimper or cry and I would instantly react by holding her closer or kissing her smooth, rosy cheek.

You can say that I was worried was an understatement. I've never been so scared in my entire life.

"Brooke, I love you so much. Whatever is going on with you will pass away. You will get better. It's only a flu?" I tried convincing myself but I honestly didn't know what to think. I was one-hundred percent sure it wasn't the flu. But maybe it was, or it was a massive migraine. Who knows? All I care is that she will wake up. Two days is too long. She was out for two days and I'm worried. I'm about to take her to the hospital for her to be examined or something, it will make me more at ease.

My head fell back on the arm rest of the couch and I closed my eyes, pulling Brooke on top of me to cuddle with her and so she could be more comfortable. I wrapped my arms around her petite body and had them rested on her lower back before I closed my eyes, letting sleep consume me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Louis," a voice above whispered. There was a poke on my left cheek causing me to swat it away. "Piss off," I mumbled and cuddled with Brooke more. "Louis, we have a doctor for Brooke," Harry said. I opened my eyes and looked up at the curly hair boy with sleepiness in my eyes.

"You what?" I gasp. My eyes diverted to Brooke's sleeping figure and I carefully rolled us in our sides. I unwrapped my arms and legs from her body and slipped out of her hold. Her body was carefully laid back on her back while I stood up.

"Where is the doctor?" I asked. "Well. . . He technically isn't a doctor. He has books that involve medical and is going to study for one. . ." Niall trailed off, earning a glare from me. "Then he isn't qualified as one," I spat. "Who is the kid anyways?" "Louis! Pal! How are you?" Jack walked in with a smile on his face and a thick text book under his arm. I rolled my eyes. "You have got to be kidding me! This a-hole," I said, pointing to Jack.

"Louis," Harry warned. "He isn't a doctor," I argued. "Next year I am going to be in medical school. I'm leaving Berkley to go to Johns Hopkins," Jack jumped in the conversation. "You got accepted at another top university? How smart are you? Is it even possible?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. He chuckled while shaking his head. "Of course it is! You can say I'm smart," he said with a grin. "Hot shot," I sneered, sarcastically.

"My girlfriend would be so proud," he said, smiling as his mind drifted off. My eyes widen and I looked at Harry who held a smirk across his face. "A girlfriend?" I asked, he nodded. "Her name is Jenny and she is at Johns Hopkins already studying to become a cardiologist. She is the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on," he said, his eyes filled with love and adore.

"They've been together for six years," Harry said, walking up to me and patting my upper back. "Six years?!" I exclaimed. Jack nodded. "What ever happened with Brooke? You flirted with her. You even kissed her!" I said in surprise and confusion. "Correction: she kissed me," he corrected. "Still! You have a girlfriend. . ." I trailed off. "And I love my girlfriend. I didn't want to take part in Brooke's plan but I went along with it. It didn't mean anything," he explained with a calm expression. "But you flirted. Even back at the candy shop," I said. "I'm a friendly guy. It comes off as flirting. Even ask Harry, I've always been like that," he said.

"Is that why Harry was so calmed about the whole thing?" I asked. "Yeah. I knew he had a girlfriend and so it didn't mean anything," Harry explained. "What about Jenny? Isn't she going to be mad?" I asked. Jack shook his head. "No, she is an understanding girl. Of course I won't take advantage of that," he said. I nodded and fell silent. "You're good at covering it," I admit. "Didn't I say I had a girlfriend?" Jack asked with a questioning look. "I don't think you did," Liam joined in the conversation.

"So, Louis was jealous for no reason," Zayn said, smirking. "I wasn't jealous," I argued. "Admit it, Louis. You were," Jack said. I rolled my eyes. "Are you going to check her?" I asked. "She seems fine," Jack said, shrugging. "You didn't even check her," I said, glaring. He pointed behind me and raised an eyebrow.

I slowly turned my body around to see Brooke was sitting up with half opened eyes and a tired expression on her beautiful features. "Brooke!" I screamed. She flinched and covered her ears. "Louis," she groaned. I walked over to her and pulled her in a tight hug. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Louis, that hurts," she cried. "Sorry," I whispered in her ear, my arms loosened around her but I still held her, causing a smile to form on her kissable lips.

"I want to kiss you right now," I whispered, earning a blush from her. She nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck and kissed my neck once, then rested her head on my shoulder. "Friends don't kiss each other," she teased. "Who said friends can't give each other a friendly kiss on the lips?" I asked. She giggled before wincing. I pulled back and examined her.

"Are you okay?" I asked with worry. She nodded in a slow motion. "I'm fine," she said, coughing. "Please, can we take you to the doctors?" I pleaded. Se shook her head. "I'm fine. It was something little like a migraine or a cold," she assured. "You passing out and screaming in pain is not a cold. Please," I begged. "I am worried."

"Don't be. I will be fine. I will take an antibiotic or some Advil or Aspirin," she said. "Harry? Help me on this one. I'm worried," I said, looking up at him. He looked back and forth at me and Brooke before looking at Jack. "Jack?" he questioned. He shrugged. "How about I will schedule an appointment tomorrow morning, okay?" Brooke suggested, "if it will make you feel better, then I will." "Thank you."

I sighed in relief and pulled her in a warm embrace. "I'm coming with," I said. She shook her head. "I can go by myself," she said. "No, I want to make sure you're okay. I will take you and take care of you. No exceptions, okay? I want you to be safe and well," I said. She slowly nodded and closed her eyes as she hugged me back.

"You will be okay, Brooke."

A/n: It is short! I'm sorry. But I got a surprise update in. What did you all think? Are any of you relieved? Let's say this is only the beginning of things.