Only Hope Chapter 16

Louis' Pov:

"I can't believe you," I choked out a small whisper. Dylynn stood there examining at her finger nails with a bore expression. She looked up at me and a sinister grin formed on her lips. "Why would you do that?" I mumbled, a tear fell from my eye and trailed down my rosy red cheeks. "I never loved you Louis. Get that through your thick skull," she said. I shook my head and covered my ears so I wouldn't hear her. My eyes closed shut.

I heard her walk forward and I felt her grasp my jaw to force me to look at her. "Look at me," she demanded. I slowly opened my eyes as my body fell weak. "Did you really think I could ever love you?" She asked with a humorous chuckle. I bit my quivering lip and fought back the tears.

"Oh my," she said. She laughed darkly and said, "You thought that. You must be more gullible than I thought." "Brooke was right all along," I whispered. She pushed me away and said, "Of course she was but it looks like she won't ever be with you again after how you treated her." "That was stupid of me to do something like that. I was blind by fake love," I defended, "she will always come back to me. I love her and she loves me!" "No I wouldn't," a soft voice whispers from behind me. Dylynn's sadistic grin get wider.

I whipped my head to face the direction of where the small voice came from. Brooke stood there in a pair of black jeans, a loose v-neck white shirt, and white converse. "What?" I gasp. "You heard me Louis. I will never come back to you after what you had done. You weren't there for me like you said you would! You treated me horrible, called me hurtful things, didn't believe me, and went to someone who looks like me, in a way. I found someone who has and will always be there for me. I love him and he loves me," she said. I shook my head in denial. "I don't believe you," I whispered.

She frowned and said, "I will never love you again Louis. You lost your chance when you had it. You should have been there for me from the start." "I have and always will! We just went through a rough time and argued like normal people do. We argue and fight then we talk it out. Please let's just talk this out," I pleaded with a cry. "I'm sorry Louis. This, us, will never work out," she said. Then, she turned on her heel and walked out of my life.

My throat tighten as a sob tried to escape. Tears threaten to fall from my gloomy eyes. My fist were clenched to my sides. I dropped to my knees feeling weak and lonely. A laugh pulled me out of my thoughts causing me to turn to face Dylynn. "Look what you had done!" I hissed. "You know I'm enjoying this," she said as well as continuing to laugh with a pleased smile. "I lost her because of you. I can't believe I ever fell for you," I fumed with darken eyes. I lowered my head and looked at my un-cupped hands. "I don't even know why you did," she said. After a moment, she final came to an end with her laughing. Her voice was filled with hatred and venom. "Please tell me why."

"I don't know. I guess I only saw the fake you and not the real you. I should have never gave up on Brooke and now she is gone," I cried. She shrugged and said, "It was your fault." I slowly looked up with a tense body (from my anger) and glared up at her with clenching fists and a vein popping out on the side of my neck.

"Did I make you angry?" She asked. "I am definitely enjoying this! Don't get too angry tiger. It doesn't look good on you. Embrace the hurt while you can." Her left eye dropped into a wink with a mischievous grin. "I am going to skedaddle now. I'm done with you." I watched her send me a little sarcastic wave before turning around and walking out of my sight. She disappeared in the thin air of fog with a sway of a hip. Her true words still echoed in my mind. "...It looks like she won't ever be with you again after how you treated her."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

I woke up with a startled gasp with my hands in tight fists. My forehead broke out in sweat. I was heavily breathing and my cheeks were damped with tears. I quickly wiped them with the back of my hand and sat up. I turned and planted my feet on the soft salt and pepper carpet. My fists slowly released from the tight grip it had. The circulation came back in my hand from it previously being white from no blood flow. I looked down at my hands as my breathing slowly calmed down.

Many thoughts and questions ran through my mind about the dream I awoken from. It could have meant many things. It either meant it was a warning dream for future reference or I was having a vivid imagination. Either way, I didn't want to know.

I rubbed my eyes then grabbed my phone that was laying on the bedside table. I clicked the home button to see it was three o'clock in the morning. My lips parted in a sigh before laying it back down. I lain back down on the bed and closed my eyes to put my thoughts to rest. My head hit the blanket with a soft thump. I ran my hands through my disheveled and matted hair. I reopened my eyes then, I sat back up. A small yawn escaped my lips as I stood up.

I stretched out my arms and back, earning a cracking noise. My joints instantly felt less pressure. I began walking (in the darken room) to the bathroom that linked with Brooke's room. My hands felt the wall and flicked on the light switch. The bright lights blinded me for a moment but then my eyes became use to the lights.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Another yawn escaped my lips. I turned on the sink and splashed some water on my face before turning off the flowing water. I dried my damped face with a clean towel that hung on the wall by the shower. I looked at myself again in the mirror. I held an emotionless and tired expression.

I looked away and faced Brooke's door. Without thinking, I walked towards it and grasp the copper door knob. With a twist and a pull, I peaked through the cracked open door. The light beamed inside but didn't disturb her. Her soft snores filled the room, causing me to smile. Brooke lain on her bed with her blankets off of her. I saw her shiver and cradle herself in her sleep. My shoulders slump and my face fell at the sight of her. I quietly opened the door, walked in, and quickly closed the door silently behind me. In the dim light I made my way to her bed.

I pulled her fuzzy blanket on her and I saw her body instantly relax and had stopped shivering. With the back of my hand I brushed her cheeks. My smile returned to my face but quickly disappeared as I realized what I was doing. I retrieved my hand and quickly backed up. My back hit her wall with a thud and a hanging picture dropped. The frame hit the ground and the glass shattered causing a loud noise to fill the room and over power her snores. I flinched at the noise and my eyes instantly fell on Brooke's figures.

To my surprise she was still asleep. I quickly crouched down and picked up the broken pieces of glass and tossed them in the small trash bin near me. I picked up the frame and was about to hang it back up on her wall but my eyes caught a glance at the picture, causing me to look at it and a smile to form. It was a picture of us from the time we went to Cheshire to visit her family. That was such a long time ago.

The scenery was around the campfire we had on the night before we left. Brooke sat on my lap (in my arms) as she smiled up at me and I smiled down at her. She wore my jacket that I let her borrow because she was cold that night. It looked like someone had taken the photo from across us when we weren't paying attention and printed it out to give to Brooke.

It was the happiest time we have ever been. We were not dating at the time, we were only friends then. It was the only time we didn't have much drama, too. The only drama we had was Harry not allowing us to date and neither one of us knew we liked each other. Of course we had a few arguments but nothing massive like now. Our lives now are filled with drama that we do not even need such as Dylynn, Brooke running away, the events that had happen when Brooke was gone, Harry still not allowing Brooke and me together, Brooke agreeing with him, Brooke acting strange...

Now that I come to think of it, she has been acting strange. She has been more secretive lately for some unknown reason and I'm not sure why she has. What is there to hide? Nothing. I'm sure of it... but sometimes I'm always wrong. So, I pushed the thought aside to be forgotten.

I hung the frame back on her wall and took one last glance at her sleeping figure before walking out of her room. I opened and closed her door as quiet as I can so I wouldn't disturb her. When I was in her room, I didn't notice or hear a figure standing outside of her door in the hallway. So when I opened the door, I was surprise to bump into someone.

"Louis Tomlinson, we need to talk."

A/n: Sorry for the late update. I was having writers block lately and didn't know what to write for this chapter so I came up with this. I had to keep deleting stuff and my last one but I finally came up with this! I hope everyone liked it. Next one will be better and I will try to update sooner.