Only Hope Chapter 18

WARNING: It gets very medical below and a lot to take in :)

Only Hope Chapter 18

Harry's Pov:

"Good Morning," Brooke said with a gleaming smile and twinkling eyes. "Morning Brooke," Niall said. Liam and Zayn said their good mornings and flashed Brooke a grin. I muttered incoherent words under my breath as I threw my dirty plates in the sink. I pushed back a confused Brooke who took a seat at the table.

"I'll be out," I said. Before I let the apartment, I made my way upstairs to Louis' room. I didn't knock, I let myself in to see him sitting on his bed putting on his shoes. "Where are you going?" I asked. "I'm meeting up with Dylynn," he said. I sighed and shook my head. "Louis, before you leave I need to tell you-" "Stop right there Harry. It's too early for me to hear you lecture me about Dylynn-" "Will you shut up for a moment Louis! This isn't about Dylynn, this is about Brooke-" "Will you shut up about Brooke? I don't want to hear about her anymore. I gave up trying to please her-" "She is on medication," I interrupted him sharply. He shut his mouth and looked at me as if I was messing around with him.

"What?" he asked. "She is on medication," I repeated. "Really funny Harry. What a poor joke," he said, chuckling humorously to himself. "This isn't a joke, Louis. She is prescribe to some prescription that I don't know of," I said. His face fell into realization to see I wasn't kidding. "What is it called? Why is she on some prescription?" He asked in seriousness. "I don't know why she is on it. I don't see why she needs to be," I said. "Maybe it's Advil for pain relief. Lately she has been having muscle soreness," he said. "I hear her moan in pain about her muscles at night sometimes." I shook my head. "It isn't Advil. The medicine name begins with an R," I said.

"I don't know any medication that starts with an R," he said, leaning back on his elbows. "I will have to look at the pill bottle again when she isn't in her room," I said. "Why?" he asked. "I'm going to try and find out what's going on with her." "Okay but if you don't mind. Keep me updated on what's going on. I'm worried," he said. I looked at him to see was already looking at me. I nodded before turning around and walking out of his room.

Instead of walking down the stairs, I looked over the hallway railing to see everyone was in the kitchen chatting amongst themselves before I walked to Brooke's room. I made sure to be quiet when I opened the creaking door. I slid through the cracked door and went over to her bedside table to see the pill bottle was gone. My fist slammed against the table in frustration. "Damn it," I muttered. One knee hit the ground as I opened the drawer to only find coins, gum, and Sour Patch Kids. I slammed the drawer closed tightly.

My head fell into my hands and I shook my head in aggravation. I looked up and scanned the room. Her dresser was open but sticking up in the small drawer was an orange item. I scurried to my feet and walked to her dresser. My hand reached in and pulled out the pill bottle. I spun the bottle around in my hand and read the bold name, Riluzole. My hand reached in my left front pocket and pulled out my phone. I took a picture if the bottle before putting it back where it was before. My feet wandered out of the room and I made sure to close the door quietly behind me before I ran down the spiral staircase.

"Bye everyone!" I yelled. I heard multiple footsteps come my way. "Are you okay Harry?" Liam asked. I turned around and flashed everyone a fake smile. "I'm feeling great," I said. "Are you mad at me?" Brooke asked. My smile vanished when my eyes landed on her. "No." "Well it seems like it," she snapped. "Well I'm not," I said, narrowing my eyes at her. "Obviously something is bothering you since I came in the kitchen. It's like you're hiding something," she said in annoyance. "Well I'm not!" I shouted. Her eyes widen and the room fell silent. "So quit bothering me about it. I have my secrets just like you," I grumbled through the silence. She nervously pulled her lip in between her teeth. "Harry. What's your deal?" Zayn asked. "Why are you being rude?" Niall asked. My face soften and I looked down. "I'm going out," I stated. "Harry don't-" "No Liam, he should. So we don't have to bother him," Brooke snapped.