Only Hope Chapter 55

Brooke's Pov:

"Hey Brooke, this is Leah. You're probably wondering how I got your number. . . Well, funny story. . . I took it from Louis' phone. Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to go out today. I have a friend that I want you to meet, and maybe we all can connect. So, call me back or send me a quick message!"

The line went dead for the fifth time I've listened to the message. I looked up at my brother to see he held the same expression as me, blank and confused.

"How can she be so nice after what we did to her?" he asked, reading my mind. "Is she on Facebook?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the laptop at the bottom of his bed.

He rolled back over onto his stomach besides me and opened his laptop, turning it on and logging into Facebook. The blue and white timeline appeared on the average-size screen. "What's her last name?" I asked.

"Thompson," he answered. He typed in her name at the search bar and pressed enter. We waited patiently before over a hundred Leah Thompson appeared. We scrolled through the page before a picture of her popped up, and we clicked on her profile.

The page loaded and led us to her profile. We clicked on the about part of her profile to learn more about this girl. "It says she attends Oxford University," I said. "Why is she all the way out in Cheshire? If Louis never lived in Cheshire and she never met him in Cheshire, then why is she here? Shouldn't she be in Doncaster with her family or where Oxford is located at?" Harry questioned.

"Something is definitely up with this girl," I said. "Or she is a complete stalker and stalks Louis' every move," he said. "It says she now lives in Oxford by the university and used to live in Doncaster," I said. "It also says she works at Starbucks, basic white girl," Harry snorted. I slapped his arm, causing him to laugh.

"Continue inspecting this girl," I demanded. "Yes, sergeant," he said. "Okay, Mr. American," I teased. He smirked before scrolling through her page. "All this information is useless," he muttered. "I agree. It's nothing that we need to know," I said.

"Wait wait, look at this! It says she is in a relationship with this guy named Tommy Scott," Harry said. My eyes widen in horror as I stared at the screen. "Tommy? As in Tommy, our friend Tommy?" I asked. Harry shrugged and clicked on his profile, pulling up our Tommy Scott.

"How is this possible?" I asked. "Small world?" Harry questions. I shook my head, pulling out my phone and failing Tommy's number. "She was totally flirting with my fiancé too," I said. Harry scrunched his face in disgust at the word fiancé before shrugging it off.

After three rings, Tommy picked up with a slow hello. "Tommy! You are dating Leah?" I asked. "What? Leah Thompson?" he asked. "Yeah. . . Her," I said. "We had a thing going on but we aren't dating," he said.

"But. . . but on Facebook?" "It was her idea. Believe me. I'm not a relationship type of guy," he said, laughing. "Then why allow her to put that on Facebook and tag you in it?" I asked. "I didn't. She forced me. She was a bit crazy, so I no longer keep in contact with her and I quit going on Facebook because of her," he answered.

"That is so weird," I gasped. He hummed in response. "Alright, I need to go. I'll talk to you later," he said before hanging up. I turned to face my brother and looked at him with an amused expression.

"Good news is that we found out information and bad news is that she is a crazy person," I said, "more like she forces people into doing things." "That explains why she stole your number from Louis' phone," he said.

My phone rung and I picked it up, not looking at the caller id. "Hello?" "Hi, Brooke! It's Leah." I rolled my eyes and put on my most fake excitement I could pull. "Leah! Hi, how are you?" I asked. "I am doing quite good. I was wondering if you wanted to go get dinner tonight with a close friend of mine. It will be the three of us without your fiancé," she said. Her voice came out bitter at the word fiancé.

I raised and eyebrow in surprise before saying, "I would have to think about it-" "I don't have time for thinking. Let's go out tonight, alright? Good. We will see you at Sharky's at seven. Goodbye!" She hung up, leaving me in disbelief.

"What happened?" Harry asked, concern flashed across his features. "Apparently I'm going out to dinner with her and her friend," I said, still in shock at her attitude. "She was forceful about it." "No. You aren't going. I don't trust this girl. I am going to be overboard protective with you about everything," my brother said.

"Then come with," I said. He looked at me with pure shock. "What?" he asked. "Come with me to dinner if you're so worried," I said. "You're not going to use a comeback about me being so protective?" he asked, I shook my head.

"There is no use in it. I might as well get used to it," I teased him. He smiled and pulled me on his lap. "Yes you will because I'm going to be the overprotective brother that you will hate," he said. "Except when it comes to Louis I will jot accept," I said to him. He scowled at the mention of Louis.

"Why would you agree to marry that douche?" he asked. "That douche is your friend, Harry," I said. "I know but I'm worried. He will be so heartbroken," he said. "He made his choice to marry me. He wants to risk it then let him," I said. "You're right, but I still hate this," he said, still scowling.

I giggled and playfully pushed him. "Get used to it, buttercup. Now, it's time I save my man from this wild lay." With one more scowl from Harry, we decided to plan this night out.

A/n: Sorry for this being so late! A lot has been going on. I felt so bad that I decided to update even though I fell sick. Anyways, another filler chapter and you guys get to see a little insight of Leah. Again, sorry for the late update and if this chapter is rushed.