Only Hope Chapter 37

**Oh crap. This was emotional!!

SOTC: Amnesia by 5sos

Only Hope Chapter 37

Brooke's Pov:

"We're not really going Christmas shopping, are we?" Louis asked. I giggled and shook my head before pushing him up against the wall. "Eager now, are we?" he asked, grinning mischievously. "Shut up and kiss me," I said. "Gladly," he said, leaning down but before he could kiss me, Niall and Zayn ran out of the building.

"Louis! Brooke! You horny kids," they exclaimed. Louis let out a groan and rested his forehead against mine with his eyes closed. I giggled and kissed his lips before turning to face the two boys. "What do you guys want?" I asked. "We came to come with you guys," Niall said, the two of them stopping in front of us.

"No way," Louis said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Why not?" Zayn asked. "Because we want to be alone," I said, raising my eyebrow. Niall's face fell into realisation and he said, "you're going to tell him?!" My face filled with horror as Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "Tell me what?" he asked, looking down at me. "Oops," Niall muttered. Zayn reached up and slapped his head. Niall shot him a glare as he rubbed his head.

"Brooke? Tell me what?" he asked, pulling away from me. "Can we please not talk about this right now? I want to spend time with you," I pleaded. He shook his head. "I love you, Louis. But I will tell you when the time is right," I said. "You're scaring me right now," he admit. I sighed and whispered, "let's go for a walk." He slowly nodded and let the topic drop.

"Bye," Zayn and Niall awkwardly said. Louis and I turned away from them and began walking where ever we end up. We kept our distance from one another and stayed silent for the longest time we have ever been in; I hated it. I was in front of him and he trailed behind me at his slowest pace.

Our feet continued to wander and take control of where we were going until we ended up in the park by the tree where we first met. I walked to our tree and pressed my back against it and closed my eyes, letting the snowy, winter breeze send shivers up my spine.

I felt his presence lean forward and rested his forehead against mine. I opened my eyes, and I finally let the tears fall from my eyes. He cupped my face in his hands and gently kissed my lips before pulling back. "I'm scared of not being with you," I whispered. "Oh baby. That will never happen," he said, pulling me in a hug and wrapping his strong arms around me in a tight, comforting way. I tightly wrapped my arms around him and cried in his shoulder.

"I love you so much and I will never let anything get in the way of us," he said. I sniffed and nodded against his shoulder. We stayed in silence until I calmed down and pulled away from him. I wiped my eyes with the bottom of his shirt that I wore.

"Louis? There is something I need to tell you."

I looked up to meet his eyes and I saw them fill with worry. For a second, I thought he would break down in front of me but he seemed to compose himself.

"I've been keeping this from you for awhile," I said. "Brooke? What is going on?" he asked. I almost held back and told him I was kidding and that this was all a joke, but he would know I would be lying.

"I'm sick."

"What?" he asked, his nerves seemed to calm down. "I'm sick," I repeated. He let out a chuckle and said, "why didn't you tell me? You had me worry! Let's get you back inside and-" "NO! Louis. . . I am sick. . . I've been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's," I said. "You what?" he gasped, pulling away from me and taking a few steps back.