Only Hope Chapter 29

SongoftheChapter: WithArms

WideOpenbyCreed

OnlyHopeChapter 29

Brooke'sPov:

"You seem like you're in a good mood tonight," Harry whispered from behind me. I turned around to face my brother with a happy smile. "Why is that?" I shrugged and said, "I feel relieved. It's like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders ever since yesterday." He raised an eyebrow and took a seat on the floor next to me. His long, skinny legs dangled over the edge of the building.

"I've never been up here before," he said. I shook my head. "I wanted to come up on the roof top for once. Rumor has it that they are building a rooftop garden. But knowing the employees of the building they will never get to it," I said. "The view is nice," he said, scanning the starlight skyline. The city's glow towered over each and every one of the skyscrapers. The stars in the black sky twinkled and flashed their glow.

I nodded. "Are you okay?" he asked through the silence that had fallen over us. I took a quick glance up at my brother and shrugged my shoulders. "Eh. I'm alright. Dylynn is a hindrance to Louis and me," I said. "There is no denying it." "I don't think Louis will be much of a problem anymore. . ." he whispered. "Why is that?" I asked, curious. It was his turn to shrug his shoulders. "Lucky guess," he replied.

I rolled my eyes then looked down at the ground. "We are so high up from the ground," I whispered. Harry looked down between his legs and at the ground where the tiny people walked past one another without giving us a thought. "It's amazing isn't? Being so high up and seeing far out. I wonder what else there is to see beyond the city." Harry spoke his thought out loud.

He looked down at me and slung an arm around my shoulders, pulling me in closer to his body. "How about I take my lovely sister out for a stroll in the park instead of staying here all night?" he suggested. I snuggled my head deeper into his embrace and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed. For ten more minutes we sat in silence as we finished observing the beautiful scenery in front of us before we made our way down stairs and outside to the park we were going to walk through.

The sound of our footsteps, gently stepping on the cement concrete, echoed through our ears, and the sound of Harry's humming as he let his eyes wander and take on the beauty of the park was music to my ears.

"What is the real reason why you wanted us to come down here?" I asked, knowing what my brother was intentionally planning. "You know me so well," he said, snickering. "I want to see how you are doing. From the looks of it you seem great! But that is odd and you know it. You're either keeping it to yourself or you really are fine but you and I both know that isn't the case."

"So, what's up?" he asked again. "Nothing. I promise," I said. He raised an eyebrow at me before shaking his head. His long hair fell in his eyes so he had to push it back. "I hate when you do this. I thought there was no more secrets between us?" I shrugged. "Harry, the only thing that is bothering me is the fact that Louis isn't here by my side. And you know it. I've said this before and I'll say it again but it kills me to see him happy with someone else who isn't me."

"You have to understand that you brought this upon yourself, you know?" he said, "and I mean that in the nicest way possible." I nodded. "I don't want you seeing him ever again, Brooke. I mean it." For the first time that night I looked into Harry's eyes that were filled with rage and fury. It scared me, but I pushed the feeling aside. "You are not going to be near him anymore. Do not even think about talking to him again."