Only Hope Chapter 40

Brooke's Pov:

The bus came to a slow stop about a block away from my mum's house. I stood up out of my seat, grabbed my bags and walked down the aisle; I tipped the driver a ten before stepping off of the bus. The vehicle doors closed, and the buss drive off down the rode.

I looked around me at the familiar, safe neighbourhood, then walking down the concrete sidewalk until I reached the house. It felt so long ago since I've been here, but it was only a year ago since my last visit.

I walked up the porch steps and knocked on the new glass door and waited patiently until Gemma opened the door with a huge grin. "Brooke! You little rascal! Why haven't you called? I could have picked you up. What's going on-" She stopped mid-sentence when I began crying my eyes out. She pulled me in a tight embrace and shuffled us inside and closed the door behind us.

She guided me upstairs and into her room, locking the door and sitting on the bed next to me. "What happened now?" she asked. So, I told her everything from the day we left Cheshire to where I am now (leaving out the part of me and my disease. . . and that I'm dying).

Her eyes would go wide then falter then go wide again at each word carefully. She didn't speak a word, but she listened carefully, letting me cry and explain. She held my hands with love and care, trying to comfort me.

"And. . . And I don't know what to do! I am going crazy. Part of me says it will be better if I stay away from him, but I can't. We've been through so much and I don't want to end it on a bad note. And I love him. I don't believe in the 'if you love someone let them free and if they come back then they are yours' because it's stupid. Why would I give up someone I love only to have him run into someone else's arms? I did that once and I'm not doing that again," I said. "It's complete utter bullshit."

She scoffed and shook her head. "Harry is so protective," she muttered. "He needs to mind his own business." She wiped the fallen tears with the back of her soft hand and pulled me in a hug; I held her back.

"It will be better if you guys keep your space," she said. "That is hard for me. All I want to do is be held by him, kissed by him, and be loved by him everyday! I miss him," I whispered the last part. "I love him." "Love has its ups and downs. You know what we need to do?" she asked.

I pulled back and looked at him. I wiped my eyes and sniffed my nose. "What?" I asked. "We need to find ourselves a Christian Grey," she said, wiggling her eyebrows. I gasp and playfully pushed her. "You naughty girl!" I giggled. "He is too raunchy." "Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?" I shook my head and giggled.

"I feel so much better," I admit. "It's my charm," she teased, I smiled. "I have ice cream and A Walk to Remember on DVD if you want to watch and eat," she offered. I shook my head.

"As much as I love that movie and I can eat ice cream all day, I prefer not to," I said. "Why?" she asked. Well, because I'm going through the same issue as Jamie and Landon and I don't want to think about me dying. "Because it is sad," I said. It wasn't a full lie. . . it is a sad movie.

"You are correct. Then let's go do something," she said. "Like what?" I asked. She pondered for a moment before smiling. "Bowling- Oh wait! No not that. I'm sorry," she said, eyes wide with horror. I laughed and said, "I accept your apology even though there is no need to be sorry." "How about we stay here and bake a cake?" I smiled. "Ice cream cake?" "Ice cream cake." "Okay, Mrs. The Fault in Our Stars," I said, laughing. My sister entwine out hands and pulled us down stairs.

And even though it was just ice cream cake, it brighten my day.

A/n: Woohoo!!! I updated early! What a surprise! ;) I hope the filler chapter was good, because it wasn't my best. But I wanted to give you guys an insight on what Brooke is going through. Hint: next chapter is Harry's.

P.s.
Does anyone have tickets to go see All Time Low on May 3rd in L.A? If so, we should meet!