Only Hope Chapter 20

Louis' Pov:

"Louis!" my name was hollered from a few distances away. I ignored the calling and continued to walk through the park where I was suppose to meet Dylynn up at, but an arm pulled me back causing me to almost trip over my own two feet. "Will you leave me alone?" I growled. I turned around to face a bewildered group of friends- Liam, Zayn, and Niall. "Louis," Niall whispered. "What's wrong mate?" "Yeah man... What's up your arse?" Zayn asked. "You treated Brooke a bit harsh," Liam said. "She deserves it," I muttered. "For what?" Niall asked. "Telling her she should go back to the foster home where she belongs? That was mean and cruel." I shrugged.

"Everything she has put me through, that's why she deserves it. She played me, made me fight for her when there was no use in doing so, and is hiding things. I'm done with putting up with her," I said. "We all have secrets Louis," Zayn said. "Maybe she doesn't want you to know," Liam said. "Or isn't ready to say anything," Niall softly said. "Why? Do you guys know what she is hiding?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at them. They shook their heads with hurt. I scoffed and said, "I find that so hard to believe. You lied to me last time. Besides Liam."

"We are being honest with you, Louis. This time I swear we are," Zayn said. "We don't know what she is hiding and it's best to stay out of it. I'm sure it's nothing massive. Maybe that's why she won't tell us," Niall said. I walked toward them and looked them all straight in the eye and pointed a finger at them. "I swear. If I find out you all are hiding something and actually know what is going on with her lies, I will be beyond livid. This is the time to tell me now. What is she hiding?" I asked. "I don't know," Liam said. I nodded and looked at the other two.

"We swear, Louis. We don't know what she is hiding or why she is lying. We are being honest," Niall said. "Yeah mate, we don't know what is going on through her mind," Zayn said. I nodded with a pleased smile. "That's all I wanted to hear and if you hear anything, I want to know. Alright?" I asked. They nodded. "Now I'm leaving," I said. I turned around but Niall stopped me by grabbing my arm. I looked at his hand then at him. "What?" I snapped. "Do you really hate Brooke? Do you meant what you said?" he asked.

My features soften for a quick second before becoming stern. "I hate her. I meant every word I said back there. I have tried to be with her but all she did was turn me down or play with my heart. One minute she will kiss me then the next she will push me away. I am done with it. I am done with her," I said spitefully. He nodded and took a step away. "You don't mean that," Zayn said. "Of course I-" "No! I know you don't," he spat. "You don't know how I feel," I argued. "Believe it or not Louis but you can be read easily like a book. Get over it and continue fighting for who you really love and not that scum girl you have now," Zayn said.

"Hey! Watch your mouth," I snarled, defending Dylynn. "He is right, Louis. Zayn is right," Niall said. Liam nodded, agreeing. "Why are you three against me so much? No, why is everyone against me? No one likes the fact that I have found someone else. How am I the bad guy? I am now obeying Harry's rules, I've listened to Brooke and found someone new, and I'm staying out of everyone's way when needed. Please enlighten me," I said. "Those silly rules don't apply anymore. Snap out if it and wake up. Dylynn isn't the one for you. Brooke is," Liam said.

Before I could reply, my name was called from a few feet away. I turned around and standing by the empty swings was Dylynn. I sighed and faced the lads again. "Listen. I need to-" "Go. We know," Zayn muttered. "I hope you realize it sooner or later," Niall said. I didn't reply. I turned around and walked to where Dylynn waited for me.

"Hey," I said, picking her up and spinning her around. I kissed her soft cheeks before setting her down. She giggled and said, "Well hello to you too!" My hands rested on her hips and her arms wrapped around my neck. "How are you?" she asked. "Eh. I could be better," I said. "I'm sorry love," she said as she ran her fingers through my hair. I sent her a small smile. "Let's get going to our date I have plan," I said. She giggled and nodded while taking my hand in her's.