Only Hope Chapter 8

Only Hope Chapter 8

Louis' Pov:

"What do you mean this doesn't change anything!?" I yelled surprising both her and I by my sudden tone of voice. "I'm sorry Louis," she whimpered as a tear fell from her eye. I pushed her gently away from my grasp and turned my back to her. Her eyes soften at my gesture. "I am so sick of you kissing me then the next saying you don't want me. Stop messing with my head. You have done this plenty of times in the past. If you keep doing this, it gives me false hope. I shouldn't be with you yet I want to be but why would you care? You don't want to be with me," I said. My fist turned into a tight ball, my body shook in anger, and it was hard controlling my self to say calm. "I do want to be with you Louis but I can't," she cried out to me.

"No," I whispered. She stopped crying but her trembling lip still managed to ask, "No?" "NO!" I yelled, my fist colliding with the nearest wall. She jumped in fright, her shaking body slowly walked towards my raging; infuriated body. Her hand laid against my tense back but it never calmed me down, not this time. "Louis please calm down. You and I know this is for the best. Look at us, we have never gone a day without arguing and it always ends in some horrible way," she spoke with softness in her tone.

I turned around and faced her only to have my anger vanish. Looking in her once bright eyes had calmed me down. "That's who we are. That's how our relationship works. We fight then we make up. That's what makes us have a good yet different relationship from others," I said. A tear fell from her puffy red watery eyes but I made no movement to wipe them away.

"Louis please understand that I can't make you happy any longer," her broken voice managed to speak out. "You made me happy everyday damn day ever since I first met you outside of Nandos and you still do. When I see your cheery and beautiful face it puts a smile on my face knowing how much I love you but when you pull this stunt, that is where it falls apart. I don't care about your brother or the rules or anything else. I want to be with you," I said.

"Please Louis," she cried, "you have a wonderful life and I don't want to be in the way of things. You're Louis Tomlinson, singer of the number one boy-band in thirty-seven countries. You have girls at your feet in a matter of seconds, you have the money, the clothes, and the hair. Everyone wants to be you! But I can't let myself get in the way of those things. You have a life I don't want to ruin."

"You have to move on and understand I can't be with you." "You can but you choose not to. I'd choose you over my whole life I have now but you wouldn't understand. You won't fight for me or for our love," I whisper. Her face fell and as she was about to say something, I cut her off. "Goodbye Brooke. I'll be upstairs and when you stop acting like a different person and realize that I do love you, then come to me but for now leave me alone. I need to think." With that, I left her standing there alone with her thoughts.

I walked by a stunned Niall and Zayn, completely ignoring their presence. My feet stomped up the carpeted stairs and down the hall before walking into my clean and quiet room. I slammed the door shut as hard as I could behind me. My body fell back on my bed with my phone in my hand. I clicked on the little brown phone book at the bottom of the screen and scrolled through my two-hundred contacts in my phone. Half of them I don't even talk to. Most of them are from the label company or modest company.

The room was quiet until I heard a whisper behind the door. "Louis," a raspy voice was audible over the soft knocking on the door. The door slowly opened and I saw a glance of brown curls. "Go away Harry," I muttered as I continued to scroll through my phone. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I'm calling someone. Someone who understands." My finger landed on the one person I have been waiting to call.

A smile appeared on my face. Then I clicked call letting it ring until I heard a click and the familiar sweet voice spoke.

Harry's Pov:

I slowly closed the door shut without Louis realizing as he was too busy talking to someone. I let out a breath of air between my parted lips. I shook my curls before making my way down the spiral staircase. My foot hit the flat wooden ground and I walked to the kitchen to check on Brooke but stop as I heard my name being mentioned. I hid behind the wall by the doorway and listened in.

There was soft quiet sobs coming from Brooke's lips as she sat on the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The lads surround her and tried their best to comfort her. "I should have never fallen in love with Harry's best mate. We wouldn't be in this mess," she whispers as the tears fell from her once happy filled green eyes. "Brooke-" "Liam you know it's true! Even Harry knows it's true. I should have listened to my mind when it told me not to fall in love but Louis being Louis had broken down my walls around me. All I am doing is saving him from the pain ahead of time," she cries.

"He loves you. You love him so what's stopping you two to be together?" Zayn asked. Brooke looked up at him with puffy red eyes. "So many things Zayn. Things you wouldn't understand," she said. "I love him but I need to set him free. He deserves someone who he can be with," she said with a quivering lip. My heart broke at the sight of my broken, frail sister. "Is it because of Harry?" Niall asked. My heart beat picked up the pace. Curiosity grew inside of me to know what she was going to say.

Who am I kidding? It is my fault. I am in the way of their relationship. I shouldn't be surprise if she said I was the cause but what she said did surprise me and the others. "No." "No?" They asked in an unison. "No. It isn't because of Harry," Brooke says. "Then what is?" Zayn asked. Brooke's eyes filled with tears and she broke down again. She cried and cried until she couldn't any longer. "I can't say," she sobs. "There are so many reasons why."

"If it isn't Harry. Is it Dylynn?" Liam asked. When Brooke didn't reply, all of our answers were confirmed. "It is," Niall whispers. I knew deep down that wasn't the reason. That might have been part of the reason but there was a bigger secret she was hiding. "Something about her seems so off! But I don't know what. She isn't someone who can be trusted," she said out of anger.

"What's so wrong about Dylynn?" Liam asked, "she is so nice." I scoffed and shook my head. "Think again," I muttered under my breath. "Are you crazy Liam?! She is psycho and is trying to split Brooke and Louis up," Niall said. Liam raised his hands in defense. "She can't be trusted and she needs to be out of the picture. You and Louis belong together," Zayn said. "He needs to be happy. If being with Dylynn makes him happy then so be it. I don't want to be in the way of things that involve him and Dylynn, the band, and his friendship with Harry. I can't do that to them," she said.

My face fell at her words. You can never hate Brooke. She always wants to save everyone else but herself. She would rather save mine and Louis' friendship then to be with Louis. "I love Louis with all of my heart but I can't be with him. I don't want to betray my brother and I don't want Louis to hurt in the end," she said. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. There is something else she is hiding. Something massive and she won't tell.

"Thanks guys for everything but I need to freshen my mind and cool off a bit. I um think I may go for a walk or something," she nervously chuckles as she stood up and bit her lip. Lies. I knew by the way she bit her lip she was lying. I'm surprised none of the lads figured it out yet. "Okay but don't come home too late. Harry will be worried," Zayn said. She gave them a half-heartily smile. "I won't. See you lads when I get back and if Harry asks where I am, say I went out for a run to Nandos." 'Yeah, we will see about that Brooke,' I thought.

I backed away towards the stairs and acted as if I was just coming down. She quickly walked to the lift and glanced at me but continued walking to the lift. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To Nandos so I will be back," she lied followed with a smile. "Have fun," I grinned. She waved and I watched her get in the lift and have the doors closed.

A frown fell on my face. "You heard, didn't you?" A voice behind me spoke. I glanced at Zayn then looked back at the lift. "Oh yes," I spoke through gritted teeth. "You're going to follow her, aren't you?" He asked with a frown.

"Oh yes."

A/n: Hello everyone and happy late birthday to me!! When are your guy's birthday so I can give you a shoutout and a dedication! What did you think of tonight's chapter? Updating schedule will start tomorrow again! I am super excited for you to see what I have in store.

Warning: chapter 10 will be crazy!

Updating schedule~

Monday, Wednesday, Friday