Only Hope Chapter 60

Louis' Pov:

Previously on Only Hope:

I walked up to Brooke and wrapped my arms around her from behind as everyone else fell into a deep conversation. She seemed quiet and distant; I squeezed her body gently to assure her. "Are you okay?" I asked, she nodded.

"I'm in deep thought, that's all," she said. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her. "I have a question," she stated. "Ask away," I said, holding her close to my body. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a quick, short kiss.

"Can we get married next month?"

Everyone turned their attention onto Brooke who stood nervously next to me due to all of the attention. Do not get me wrong I would love to marry her in the next month, but I do not see how it can be possible. Maybe it is possible but I am too scared. It is happening all too fast.

I am a young guy! First I find out she has Lou Gehrig's disease, then I find out she is pregnant with my child, then I have to worry about my child making it out alive before Brooke dies, then she wants to get married in the next month. So much is happening in so little time. I feel like our relationship is being rushed and we have so much to do in such a little time because she is dying.

"I-" I paused. My heart was pounding in my chest to the point where I can hear it myself. "Baby," I paused again, "next month?" She nodded her head. "This is so last minute, baby, are you sure about this?" I asked, she proudly nodded her head. I took a few breath and nodded.

"Okay, we will do it," I said. She squealed with joy and pulled me to her to give her a hug. I felt her small bones against my chest and I instantly relaxed at her touch. I'm going to marry this girl one way or another.

"Gemma and I are going to go look at venues and dresses," she said, a huge smile on her face. She jumped up to give me a kiss on the cheek before her and Gemma went away up the stairs.

"Wow man! You must be excited," Harry said. I shrugged my shoulders with a small smile. "Listen, Harry, I'm going to head out for a little bit. I need to go pick up some stuff for tonight's dinner," I said. Without waiting for a reply, I picked up my car keys and walked out the door to my car.

I didn't know where I was going or to which store I was going to, but I needed a breather. Brooke being pregnant was a huge shocker to me and to have us get married in a month was even more of a shocker.

I drove around Cheshire for quite some time before I ended up in the parking lot of Ralph's Grocery Store. I made my way in to pick up some food for tonight, trying to make it quick so I have time to head to the mall for a little bit.

As I was walking down to the cookies aisle, I saw Leah with Dylynn at the end looking at the Oreo flavors. Dylynn caught me in her side view and called me over. Leah stood, looking at me with a smile on her face as I walked over.

"Uh hey," I said. "What are you doing here all by yourself? Shouldn't you be with the gang?" Leah asked. I smiled and shrugged. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "Just shopping for our own little cookout since we have no one down here for Christmas," Dylynn said.

"How about you guys come visit us tonight for dinner?" I asked, Brooke will kill me but the odds are that they won't show up. "Really? Is that a good idea?" Dylynn asked. I laughed and said, "probably not but you guys should come anyways. It's a Christmas/celebration dinner."

"How about you text me the address and we'll surprise you on is coming or not," Leah said, smiling. "Yeah that sounds good," I said.

"Why do you seem so down?" Leah asked. "It's not that I'm down. I'm just stressed," I said. "Why?" Dylynn asked. I sighed, deciding I should talk to them since I needed it off my chest. "Brooke's pregnant and she wants to get married next month," I said.

"Brooke's pregnant!?" Leah exclaimed, I nodded. "She hasn't told me yet. I found the stick," I explained. "I'll be surprised if you're the father," Dylynn laughed. I looked at her in utter shock.

"What do you mean, if I'm the father? Of course I am!" I said in disbelief. "She hasn't told you yet?" Dylynn asked, surprised. "No," I said, shaking my head. "Back in Australia she hooked up with some asshole," she said.

A pang of hurt struck me. I thought I was her first? "You're lying," I said. She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "You may hate me and I may have done some fucked up things, but I'm not lying about this," she said. "I-I didn't know," Leah stuttered as she saw my face go bright red with anger.

"So Brooke hooked up with someone?" I asked. "Yeah. . ."Dylynn trailed off.

Now, this is the moment where I flip out.

A/n: Short, but at least it's an update! Woohoo!! Sorry for the late late update but I'm back <3 more updates to come! And please
Check out my new Luke hemmings fanfiction called Redeeming myself :)