Only Hope Chapter 46

Brooke's Pov:

My whole body was numb from head to toe. I wanted to move, but my feet were glued to the ground. Endless of tears fell from my eyes as I watched him. This was happening all too fast.

"Louis. . .' I whispered. He set the last card aside and walked towards me, and engulfed me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried. I buried my head in the crook of his neck and cried, hard. His muscular arms held me in a tight, comfortable embrace.

"Why? Why would you do that?" I sobbed. He pulled back and cupped my face in his large hands. His thumb gently wiped under my eyes; and he leaned in, brushing his lips against mine. Our eyes fell closed, and our heavy breathing was heard. "Because I love you," he whispered.

Then, he pressed his lips onto mine, and letting our hearts take over. Our lips moved together in perfect sync. His lips were soft and tempted me to kiss him more. His tongue grazed my bottom lip, asking for permission and I opened my mouth, enough for his tongue to slip in.

His hands fell to my thighs and I jumped, wrapping my legs around his body. He pushed my back against the wall. But, before it escalated further, I pulled back and rested my forehead against his, keeping my eyes closed. I shook my head. "Gemma and my mum is home," I whispered. He chuckled and let me jump down from his body. Our eyes opened; and we looked up at one another.

When he saw I wasn't smiling his smile fell and he laced our hands together. "What's wrong?" he asked, worry flashed across his face. "I- You're going to be mad," I whispered, looking down. He shook his head. "Tell me," he said, brushing my hair out of my face. "I-I can't marry you," I said. He shook his head and pulled back.

"And why would that be? What could possibly stop us from marrying each other?" he asked, suddenly becoming angry. I took a step back, and still avoiding eye contact with him. "I want you to look me in the eyes and say 'Louis, I won't marry you.' Say it to me now," he demanded.

I looked up in his dark eyes. They were so dark that the blue lost its sparkle it once had. "Louis. . ." I couldn't speak the words. They were stuck in my throat because it was a lie. I want to marry him.

"Tell me," he ordered. When I didn't say it, he said, "I knew it. Now, what is stopping you from saying yes?" "There are so many things. Bloody hell! I am dying is the top one. Harry is the second one. And I am the third one. I will hurt you so much, Louis Tomlinson.

"When I am dead you will be left behind with a broken heart, and I don't want to hurt you. I hate not being able to say yes because I am in love with you! I would do anything to be with you and share a happy life with you," I said. "Then say yes. . ." he whispered, "if you say yes we can share a happy life together like we want. All you have to do is say yes."

"See, you don't understand. Marrying you and knowing I am going to die is going to haunt me. I will be living with guilt because I know what will happen when the time comes," I said. He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "I know that. You say it like I don't. But you are wrong.

"The only thing that is a hindrance to us from getting married is your brother. Not you and not your disease. It is your brother. But I don't care. I am in love with you, Brooke Styles. The crazy thing about love is that no matter how much hurt you will be from the person, you will always love them. . . and I love you. I am risking the heartbreak to be with you.

"Being with you is worth the tears, the pain, and the misery. You will break in the end. You will no longer be here, but I want to spend every moment with you as long as we are together because I fucking love you. I fucking love you and I am not ashamed of saying it. So please. . . please say yes. Will you do the honours of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?"

He stepped down the step and took the ring off of the board and peeled the tape off the ring before walking forward to me and bending down on one knee, raising the ring in the air and looking me in the eyes. "All you have to do is say yes and everything will fall into place," he whispered with a hopeful smile.

I couldn't help the smile that formed in my face a so looked down at me. "I choked out a laugh. "You're lucky I love you," I cried. "Is that a yes?" he asked. I vigorously nodded my head. "What was that? I can't hear you," he teased. I giggled through the tears of joy. "Yes, I will marry you," I said.

I lifted my left hand out to him and he slipped the beautiful ring on my ring finger. I squealed with excitement and jumped into his arms; he swung me around in a circle and kissed me.

"I love you," he murmured against my lips. "And I love you," I whispered, a smile evident on our faces. He set me down and my feet touched the ground.

"Welcome to a new life, Mrs. Tomlinson."

A/n: A Valentine's Day chapter! Happy Valentine's Day to all of the single ladies and the taken ladies. And if there any guy readers (probably not). I seriously love Brouis.

Hint: Louis' birthday

P.s.

This story is placed a couple months behind of today.