Only Hope Chapter 42

Brooke's Pov:

In conclusion, the ice cream cake turned out horrible and we decided to go buy one from the closet bakery (the one Harry used to work at when he was younger). I met the lady who knew Harry and she was such a doll. I promised her I will tell Harry she said hello.

Now, it was a new day and a fresh start of my life. Christmas was coming up in six days and I was already becoming stressed. Why? Well, Gemma told me it was a tradition that the lads come down for Christmas every year and that meant I will have to see everyone again in six days. Then, Louis' birthday is in five days and I need to get him a birthday present and then a Christmas present for him and everyone else. He was turning twenty three and I needed to get him something extraordinary.

I may not be talking to him, but it's the decent thing to do. All in all, I have to buy eight present for everyone. My father is in America this year and my step-father is away on a business trip for a month, narrowing it down to eight presents. One for my mum and one for Gemma, then one for each of the lads, besides Louis who is receiving two.

I was going crazy and I was for sure by the end of the week I will have gray hair.

"Gemma?" I walked in her room to see she was lying on her stomach, talking on the phone to someone. My body leaned against the doorway as I watched her gleam with happiness and she looked over at me, motioning for me to come in; I did. I walked in and sat besides her on her bed.

"You must be joking! This is so exciting. I need to tell my mum! What? Fine, I promised, uh-huh. Bye," she said, hanging up. She sat up on her butt and turned her body to face me. "Who was that?" I asked. "Harry. No biggie," she explained. I raised an eyebrow at her. She sighed and shook her head.

"It was Louis," she whispered. My smile faltered but I managed to force one. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to upset you-" "Gemma, it's okay." I wrapped my arms around her as she did the same. "What did he want anyway?" I asked. Her eyes widen and she let out a nervous chuckle. "Believe me, you don't want to know," she said. "But I do," I said, a small frown forming.

She nodded and said, "I was talking to him about Christmas dinner. He was asking if he should bring a pie for the dinner and I told him it was exciting because I like pie, preferably Apple."

"I'm so nervous," I confessed. "About what?" she asked. "Seeing them again in six days. I came here to get away from them and now they are coming back in six days! Six days, Gemma!" "Oh. . . I see the problem," she mumbled. "Well, you have six days to clear your head." "Not really because in these six days I have to try and find them a present. And Louis a birthday present. That's not focusing on me."

"The day before Christmas you can go shopping," she said. "Do you know how hectic that would be! Last minute Christmas shopping," I said. "Then today we will do Christmas shopping," she said. "But I wanted to spend time with you and not worry about presents," I pouted. "Are you on your period or something because you're mood swings are killing me," she teased. "Hey! I'm not. . . yet," I said, giggling.

"Well, come on. We can have girl talk while we shop because, tomorrow, mum is taking you out and the next day I want you to meet some friends of mine that you will love," she said. "Sounds like a plan?" "Okay," I said. "Great! Let's get going," she said.

Soon, we were on our way to the nearest mall; and when we arrived, the mall was packed with cars and people doing last minute Christmas shopping.

Gemma and I walk through the automatic doors and into the busy mall. People were walking around in groups or by themselves, and carry bags with them that was filled with different gift items.