The One With Malfoy's Cousin

Astraea was at the dinner table when Fred and George sat on each side of her.

"Hello Black", they chorused.

"Hello Weasleys", she replied.

"How are you doing on this fine day?" Fred asked.

"Well I'm doing spectacular kind sirs, what about you?" she replied smiling.

"No honestly, 'raea, how are you feeling?" George asked.

"I'm better, I promise".

"Did you know that Harry is on the team?", she heard Fred say.

"Yes Fred, I know Harry made it to the Quidditch team", she said.

"Excuse me?" Fred said shocked.

"What? he told me".

"No, Riri, not that", Fred said.

"One, don't call me that. Second, what is it?"

"I didn't say that Harry made the team"

"Yes you did. Just now", Astraea said. "George tell him to stop messing around".

"'Raea, he did not say a word yet", George said frowning.

"Okay, obviously you two are trying to make some sort of prank, so stop I'm barely functioning", she muttered.

"I swear I didn't opened my mouth", Fred said.

They were soon interrupted by the conversation next to them.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"

"Here we go", Astraea groaned.

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly.

There was of course nothing at all little about Crabbe and Goyle, but as the High Table was full of teachers, neither of them could do more than crack their knuckles and scowl.

 "I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only — no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

 "Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

 Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.

"Crabbe," he said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

"Wizard's duel huh?" Astraea said approached them.

"Stay out of it cousin", Malfoy glared at her.

"Why? Afraid I might aid Harry?" 

"That would be cheating!"

"Would it?" Astraea smirked. "I say you beat it to your table before I show a real hex".

 Malfoy scowled, but left anyways. When he had gone, Astraea looked at them and smiled. Ron and Harry looked at each other.

 "What is a wizard's duel?" said Harry. "And what do you mean, you're my second?"

 "Well, a second's there to take over if you die," said Ron casually, getting started at last on his cold pie.

Catching the look on Harry's face, he added quickly,

"But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. Unless Astraea helps us of course", Ron smiled hopefully at Astraea to which she smiled sarcastically and shook her head no. Ron sighed in defeat. "I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway."

 "And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"

 "Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.

 "Excuse me."

 They looked up. It was Hermione Granger.

 "Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" said Ron. Astraea gave him a look.

 Hermione ignored him and spoke to Harry.

 "I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying —"

 "Bet you could," Ron muttered. Astraea gave him another look.

 "— and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."

 "And it's really none of your business," said Harry.

 "Good-bye," said Ron.

"Honestly why can't you be nice?" Astraea scolded them.

"Is Malfoy your cousin?" Harry asked her frowning.

"Yes", she replied playing with her food.

"Why didn't you mention it before?"

"Why does it matter?"

"You should have said something! But apparently, you are just like him"

"Excuse me?" she looked at him starting to feel her headache.

"Yeah, you pretend to be nice to us just to spy and tell him everything".

Harry swore saw her eyes flash purple before a glass shattered.

"My life and my family are none of anyone's concern", she growled and stormed off.

"Harry why in Merlin's beard did you say that?" Ron whisper- yelled.

Harry looked around and saw that everyone was looking at him, and the twins rushing outside the hall.

"She's Malfoy's cousin-" harry started, but Ron interrupted

"I've known her ever since forever, she grew up with us in our home"

"What?"

"Yes, we grew up together"

"I didn't know"

Harry's heart was full of regret. 

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!!

792 words