The One With The Overview of Classes

In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Astraea could hear while passing the hall people gushing over Remus and his classes. She swore a she heard a group saying how hot Remus is (Remus went crimson red when she told him). Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Remus.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Remus passed. "He dresses like our old house-elf."

Astraea tried to punch and hex him, but George stopped her several times and Remus told her not to.

But no one else cared that Professor Lupin's robes were patched and frayed. His next few lessons were just as interesting as the first. After boggarts, they studied Ghouls, a magical beast   that resembles a slimy, buck-toothed ogre. They tend to live in the attics or barns of wizards and witches. They are relatively harmless creatures and are just seen as nuisances because of the noise they make. They are relatively dimwitted, and live off of bugs and other household pests. At most, they will groan and throw objects. From Ghouls they moved on to Snake-Vanishing Spell, is a transfiguration spell that vanishes snakes. As such, it could be used as a counter-spell  for the Snake summons Spell, the Fire to Snake Spell, or any other spell that produced snakes.

Potions was weird; Snape was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt why. The story of the boggart assuming Snape's shape, and the way that Neville had dressed it in his grandmother's clothes, had traveled through the school like wildfire. Snape didn't seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Remus' name, and he was bullying Neville worse than ever.

However, he was being weirdly nice towards Astraea; well as nice as Snape can get. He stopped taking points of Gryffindor for things she did not do, stopped accusing her of cheating and started occasionally ask her if she was alright.

Divination was weird, well since Professor Trelawney always predicted her death (usually suicide). Nothing out of the ordinary, but this year, Astraea got the whole your father will do this, will do that, bla bla bla. They started learning Dream Interpretation;  involves analyzing dreams. Trelawney finds joy with hearing Astraea's dreams which contain death, death-eaters and her becoming a death-eater. Of course, Astraea made those up, she realized that Trelawney will make her suffer the most the moment she started her first class asking Astraea to tell the class about the dreams she had when Voldemort possessed her. Since that time, Astraea started making things up.

Nobody really liked Care of Magical Creatures, which, after what happened in his first class, Malfoy and Buckbeak, had become extremely dull. Hagrid seemed to have lost his confidence. They started with revision about Unicorns; is a white horse with a sticking out of its head. An iconic creature  of magic. Now they were studying Porlocks; is a magical beast that tended to guard horses, native to England and southern Ireland.

At the start of October the Quidditch season was approaching, and Oliver Wood, Captain of the Gryffindor team, called a meeting one Thursday evening to discuss tactics for the new season.

There were seven people on a Quidditch team: three Chasers, whose job it was to score goals by putting the Quaffle (a red, soccer-sized ball) through one of the fifty-foot-high hoops at each end of the field; two Beaters, who were equipped with heavy bats to repel the Bludgers (two heavy black balls that zoomed around trying to attack the players); a Keeper, who defended the goal posts, and the Seeker, who had the hardest job of all, that of catching the Golden Snitch, a tiny, winged, walnut-sized ball, whose capture ended the game and earned the Seeker's team an extra one hundred and fifty points. There also Astraea, who Oliver insists she attends practice to keep the twins from misbehaving.

Oliver Wood was a burly seventeen-year-old, now in his seventh and final year at Hogwarts. There was a quiet sort of desperation in his voice as he addressed his six fellow team members in the chilly locker rooms on the edge of the darkening Quidditch field.

"This is our last chance — my last chance — to win the Quidditch Cup," he told them, striding up and down in front of them.

"I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world — injuries — then the tournament getting called off last year. . . ." Wood swallowed, as though the memory still brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best — ruddy — team — in — the — school," he said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye.

"We've got three superb Chasers."

Wood pointed at Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson, and Katie Bell.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," said Fred and George Weasley together, pretending to blush. Astraea chuckled and kissed George's cheek.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, glaring at Harry with a kind of furious pride. "And me," he added as an afterthought.

"We think you're very good too, Oliver," said George.

"Spanking good Keeper," said Fred.

"The point is," Wood went on, resuming his pacing, "the Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team, I've thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on the thing. . . ."Wood spoke so dejectedly that even Fred and George looked sympathetic.

"Oliver, this year's our year," said Fred.

"We'll do it, Oliver!" said Angelina.

"Definitely," said Harry.

Astraea spent days watching the team practice Quidditch, actually watch George hit a bludger and fly around, drooling a bit. He was handsome with that long hair, that keeps flying with him and his biceps. He would occasionally look at her and wink or pass by her and swiftly kiss her cheeks or lips.

Other times, she would go with him to the Forbidden Forest and bring food to Snuffles. Snuffles grew fond of George, even though he still growls when there's PDA.

***************************************************************************************

Sorry for the delay guys, I am really sick! Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment! And please tell me if you have any ideas :)

1,118 words