The One With Tom

Harry smiled a bit reading the letter Aurora sent.

"Did she yell?" Astraea asked.

"No she blamed it on the Dursleys and told me not to do that again", he smiled.

"See my mother is not that bad", Astraea smiled. Just then McGonagall came with their schedules.

"You seem to have dropped a lot of subjects this year Miss Black", McGonagall stated.

"Yes, I can't stand Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies became boring, and Arithmacy will not help me in the future", she replied.

"What do you want to be in the future? Auror?" McGonagall asked.

"Healer", Astraea smiled so did McGonagall.

Astraea looked at her schedule and her smile faltered.

"History of Magic?" he groaned in displeasure.

                                                                               *********************************

It is agonizing. History of Magic is making her head hurt. She wishes she got those visions so she can sneak out. Ever since they caught Quirrell she hadn't had of those. Then, an idea popped inside her head. She reached into her bag and got out her diary.

'Hello Tom' she wrote.

'Ah Astraea, back so soon?'

'Don't be arrogant'

'Why early? Shouldn't you be in class?'

'History of Magic'

'I feel so used'

'Why?'

'Using me for your own pleasure'

Astraea snorted laughing causing everyone looking at her.

"Yes, Miss Black, thank you for finding my joke funny", Professor Binns smiled which she returned.

'You haven't even saw me yet you are swooning. What will happen if you saw how I look like?' he wrote causing her to cover her mouth to stop laughing.

'Stop it! Because of you Professor Binns thought I was laughing at his joke'

'You laughed out loud? Wait Binns is still alive? What year are we?'

'Yes I laughed out loud because you are so dramatic! Binns' ghost is teaching us, I don't think he knows he's dead, and it is 1992'

'Wow it has been a long time'

'Yeah'

'Tell me about you a bit'

Astraea thought for a minute then decided to express herself a bit. After all, that's the diary's purpose.

'I have no siblings, I grew up alone with my mother and godfather. My friends are twins of the same age, Fred and George'

'What happened to your father?'

'Been in Azkaban ever since I was four. Betrayed his friends and sold them to a dark wizard then killed his other friend and twelve muggles'

'I am so sorry, I kind of know what you are going through'

'You do?'

'My father abandoned my mother and I was just a fetus in her belly, she died giving birth to me'

'Oh Merlin I am so sorry! Where did you grow up?'

'Muggle orphanage until Dumbeldore found me and told me I am a wizard. Ever since then Hogwarts has been my home'

The bell rang signaling the end of History of Magic.

'Shoot the bell rung! Can't write and walk! Talk to you soon?'

'So used'

Astraea laughed again.

'Take care' he wrote and she shut the copybook.

"What's that all about?" George asked her.

"What?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why are you laughing today? So much?"

"Is that bad?"

"Weird" he muttered. She grinned and left whistling her favorite tune.

They reached Defense Against The Dark Arts to see Lockhart being swooned by girls. When the whole class was seated, Lockhart cleared his throat loudly and silence fell. He reached forward, picked up Lee's copy of Travels with Trolls, and held it up to show his own, winking portrait on the front.

"Me," he said, pointing at it and winking as well. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award — but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

He waited for them to laugh; a few people smiled weakly. "I see you've all bought a complete set of my books — well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about — just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in —"

When he had handed out the test papers he returned to the front of the class and said, "You have thirty minutes — start — now!"

Astraea looked down at her paper and read:

1. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?

2. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?

3. What, in your opinion, is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?

On and on it went, over three sides of paper, right down to:

54. When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday, and what would his ideal gift be?

Astraea smiled, she knows those questions; she read all his books. Half an hour later, Lockhart collected the papers and rifled through them in front of the class.

"Tut, tut — hardly any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac. I say so in Year with the Yeti. And a few of you need to read Wanderings with Werewolves more carefully — I clearly state in chapter twelve that my ideal birthday gift would be harmony between all magic and non-magic peoples — though I wouldn't say no to a large bottle of Ogden's Old Firewhisky!"

He gave them another roguish wink. Lee was now staring at Lockhart with an expression of disbelief on his face; Fred and George, who were sitting in front, were shaking with silent laughter. Astraea, on the other hand, was listening to Lockhart with rapt attention and gave a start when he mentioned her name.

". . . but Miss Astraea Black knew every single question — good girl! In fact" — he flipped her paper over — "full marks! Miss Black is here?"

Astraea raised a trembling hand, blushing like mad

"Excellent!" beamed Lockhart. "Quite excellent! Take ten points for Gryffindor! I knew I would teach you, I just did not expect you here! And so — to business —"

***************************************************************************************

Editinggg!!!

976 wordss