The One With The Metamorphmagus

Christmas break was over, everyone was back from the holidays, and classes began. Astraea has double potions first thing in the morning with the twins and Angelina. They arrived early to class and sat at the back as usual.

"Black, front desk", was the first thing Snape said as he entered.

"Merry Christmas to you too sir", she said smiling.

"Don't provoke me", he glared at her.

"Weasley, next to Snyde, other Weasley stay with Miss Johnson", he barked.

They did as he said not wanting to provoke him. Snape tapped on the board and the words 'Girding Potion' was suddenly written.

"Open your textbooks. Start with the one next to you", Snape barked yet again and sat down.

"Sir, no one is next to me", Astraea said confused.

"Then work alone", he replied.

She huffed thinking unfair, but went to gather the ingredients. Then, she started working.

'Add one set of fairy wings.

Heat until the potion turns turquoise.'

"Easy enough", she muttered and put the ingredients on low fire. After 10 minutes, it turned turquoise and she continued.

'Add one measure of doxy eggs.

Heat until the potion turns pink.'

She continued on low fire until she heard a chuckle from behind her then someone commenting, "Why so slow Black? I guess no one is doing your work"

"Shut it Leslie", George spat.

"Boyfriend to the rescue", Leslie commented yet again.

"Enough", Snape barked. "Weasley back to work".

"Honestly, Leslie started it and all you do is discipline George?" Astraea asked

"Get. Back. To. Work"

"Whatever".

By then her potion was pink so she continued.

'Add the toasted until the potion turns orange.

Add one flying seahorse.

Heat the potion until it turns turquoise.'

"Honestly, look at that", Leslie yet again commented. "Her potion is still pink while mine is turning purple. Maybe you should raise the heat"

"Or maybe you should mind your own potion or it will blow in your face", she replied smiling innocently.

Just then everyone's potion started blowing except hers, it turned turquoise. So she ignored everyone and continued.

'Add toasted dragonfly thoraxes until the potion turns purple.

Heat the potion until it turns red.

Add three measures of doxy eggs.

Add toasted dragonfly thoraxes until the potion turns blue.

Add three flying seahorses.

Heat until the potion turns green.'

After 15 minutes of everyone yelling because of their potion and repeating again, Astraea finished hers and submitted it.

"You clearly cheated", Leslie yelled.

"How so you dummy?" she snarled.

"You made ours explode"

"No you idiot, if you listened first year you would've remembered Professor Snape mentioning that some potions like Girding Potion need low heat or it will blow"

"Unfortunately, Miss Black is correct", Snape looked pained to say it to which she smirked.

"However, 10 pointed will be deducted from Gryffindor", he continued making her smile falter.

"Why?" she asked and all Gryffindors started protesting.

"Keeping this information to yourself, instead of sharing, dismissed".

                                                                             ******************************

At the end of the day, the twins found Astraea in the common room.

"You alright?" Fred asked.

"NO", she yelled. "How could I be with this arse treating me like this"

"Clam down", George said realizing her eyes were darkening.

"No, fucking Snape with his greasy hair and overly large nose"

"Rea-", Fred started.

"His stupid face", she kept cursing him.

"Rea look", George raised his voice.

"What?" she yelled. She realized their eyes were wide in terror.

"What?" she repeated until Fred turned her to face the mirror.

She screamed bloody murderer because what's facing her was not her reflection, it was Snape.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" she yelled.

"No", they both yelled.

"What the fuck!!!!"

"Change back!!!!!!"

"How?!"

"Wait", Fred said. "Try changing your voice"

"Are you fucking with me?" she yelled and hit him.

"Calm down, just concentrate"

Astraea took a deep breath and thought of changing back, she opened her eyes and saw her strawberry blonde hair.

"Am I back?" she asked. They both nodded.

"What the fuck?" they all said.

"Am I  metamorphmagus?" she asked them.

"Only one way to find out" George said smirking.

For the next hour, they had her change hair color, eye color, she even morphed to one of them. Finally, they agreed that she is and that she needs to talk to Nymphie. 

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!!

723 words