The One With The Two-Faced Man

"Let Harry go, and I'll tell you were the stone is".

"Well do say, then we see about Potter", Quirrell said. 

"No-"

"You are in no place to negotiate little girl", Quirrell threatened, pulling Astraea forward and holding her throat tight making it impossible to breathe.

"Use the boy...Use the boy...."Quirrell let go of Astraea, making her fall down on the floor, and rounded on Harry.

"Yes — Potter — come here."

He clapped his hands once, and the ropes binding Harry fell off. Harry got slowly to his feet.

"Come here," Quirrell repeated. "Look in the mirror and tell me what you see."

Harry walked toward him. Please lie, Astraea thought desperately. She was about to cry feeling helpless. Quirrell moved close behind him. Harry closed his eyes, stepped in front of the mirror, and opened them again.

"Well?" said Quirrell impatiently. "What do you see?"

"I see myself shaking hands with Dumbledore," he invented. "I — I've won the house cup for Gryffindor."

Astraea smiled knowing he lied. Quirrell cursed again.

"Get out of the way," he said. But he hadn't walked five paces before a high voice spoke, though Quirrell wasn't moving his lips. "He lies...He lies...."

"Run", Astraea yelled and stood barrier between Harry and Quirrell. She held her wand and glared at Quirrell. "Stay away from him".

"Potter, come back here!" Quirrell shouted. "Move you little, stupid girl. Tell me the truth! What did you just see?"

Astraea didn't move. She fired a stunning spell and Quirrell barely dodged it

The high voice spoke again. "Let me speak to them...face-to-face..."

"Master, you are not strong enough!"

"I have strength enough...for this..."

Petrified, they watched as Quirrell reached up and began to unwrap his turban. What was going on? The turban fell away. Quirrell's head looked strangely small without it. Then he turned slowly on the spot. Astraea grabbed Harry and pulled him behind her, protecting him from the horror. Where there should have been a back to Quirrell's head, there was a face, the most terrible face Astraea had ever seen. It was chalk white with glaring red eyes and slits for nostrils, like a snake.

"Harry Potter, and Astraea Black..." it whispered. Astraea tried to shield Harry more. "I see Potters and Blacks are united again! See what I have become?" the face said. "Mere shadow and vapor....I have form only when I can share another's body...but there have always been those willing to let me into their hearts and minds...Unicorn blood has strengthened me, these past weeks...you saw faithful Quirrell drinking it for me in the forest...and once I have the Elixir of Life, I will be able to create a body of my own....Now...why don't you give me that Stone in your pocket?"

Harry tried to back away

"Don't be a fool," snarled the face. "Better save your own life and join me...or you'll meet the same end as your parents...They died begging me for mercy..."

"LIAR!" Harry shouted suddenly.

Quirrell was walking backward at him, so that Voldemort could still see him. The evil face was now smiling.

"How touching..." it hissed. "I always value bravery....Yes, boy, your parents were brave...I killed your father first; and he put up a courageous fight...but your mother needn't have died...she was trying to protect you... Oh and Black, my child!"

"Don't call me that, I am not your child", she snarled.

"Maybe not biologically, but by blood, you are indeed", he smirked at her. "Now, Potter give me the Stone, unless you want your mother to have died in vain."

"NEVER!" Astraea pushed Harry toward the flame door, losing her wand, but Voldemort screamed "SEIZE HIM!" and the next second, Astraea stood pushing Quirrell back away from Harry. However, Quirrell pushed her extra hard making her fall, hit her head, and black all she saw.

                                                                            ********************************

Something red was first thing she saw when she opened her eyes. It was blurry, and the red thing was moving. It wasn't until she fully recovered her vision till she realized Fred and George were looking down at her worried.

She was confused for a bit then it all came flashing back; Harry, Stone, Quirrell, Voldemort..

"Where's Harry?" she asked startling everyone. She sat down getting dizzy.

"Easy there", Fred told her

"He's fine", continued George.

"How?" she asked. "What happened?"

"Hermione contacted us through the mirror and we went and sent for Dumbeldore and came looking for you guys", Fred explained.

"Messrs. Weasley", Dumbeldore's voice came from behind the curtains. "Mind speaking to Miss Black privately?"

They nodded and left.

"What happened?" she asked him.

"First, how are you?"

"Peachy, the stone?" she asked.

"Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you. I arrived in time to prevent that, although Harry was doing very well on his own, I must say"

"How long was I out?" she asked.

"A day"

"Harry?"

"He's fine, still out though"

She sighed and rubbed her temple.

"I should've been stronger, but I was out easy", she sighed again.

"I believe you put on a great fight" he smiled.

"You wouldn't possible know that, no one was there but Harry and he's out", she said grumpily.

"I know that because I know you, you wouldn't have gone without a fight", he smiled.

"Professor?" she asked

"Yes?"

"Voldemort said that I was his blood child, not his biological, what does that mean?"

"He was trying to mess with your mind, think nothing of it. However, I would try to think of an explanation to your mother, who I owled by the way, your godfather, Madam Pomfrey, Professor Snape and the twins"

Astraea groaned.

"Is it about this adventure? ًhy would Snape care?'

"No Miss Black, about your wrists"

With that, Dumbeldore left Astraea trying to make excuses.

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!!

955 words