The One With The Eavesdropping

Astraea was about to go to dinner when she saw Harry standing alone.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Thinking about how I showed Snape", he replied smugly.

"For an 11 year old you really do hold a grudge", she laughed.

"He is hiding something", he said.

"Snape", she muttered.

"Yes Snape is hiding-"

"No, Snape, look"

Harry turned around and saw a hooded figure came swiftly down the front steps of the castle. Clearly not wanting to be seen, it walked as fast as possible toward the Forbidden Forest. Harry's smile faded from his face as he watched. He recognized the figure's prowling walk. Snape, sneaking into the forest while everyone else was at dinner — what was going on?

Harry jumped back on his Nimbus Two Thousand and looked at Astraea.

"Well come on", he told her.

"No no, I don't fly", she said stepping back.

"No time for this. Aren't you curious?"

Astraea squeezed her eyes shut and climbed behind him. Then, they took off. Gliding silently (more likely Astraea clinging hard to Harry while squeezing her eyes) over the castle they saw Snape enter the forest at a run. They followed.

The trees were so thick they couldn't see where Snape had gone. They flew in circles, lower and lower, brushing the top branches of trees until they heard voices. They glided toward them and landed noiselessly in a towering beech tree. They climbed carefully along one of the branches, Harry holding tight to his broomstick, trying to see through the leaves. Astraea just sat on one carefully watching Snape. Below, in a shadowy clearing, stood Snape, but he wasn't alone. Quirrell was there, too. Harry couldn't make out the look on his face, but he was stuttering worse than ever. Harry strained to catch what they were saying."...d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus..."

"Oh, I thought we'd keep this private," said Snape, his voice icy. "Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all."

Harry leaned forward. Quirrell was mumbling something. Snape interrupted him. "Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?"

"B-b-but Severus, I —"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," said Snape, taking a step toward him.

"I-I don't know what you—"

"You know perfectly well what I mean."

An owl hooted loudly, and Astraea nearly fell out of the tree. Harry steadied her in time to hear Snape say, "— your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting." 

"B-but I d-d-don't —"

"Very well," Snape cut in. "We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie."

He threw his cloak over his head and strode out of the clearing. It was almost dark now, but Harry could see Quirrell, standing quite still as though he was petrified.

Once they returned, Astraea was still in shock.

"What the fuck?" she exclaimed.

"You believe me now?" Harry asked her.

"Tell me everything NOW"

"Harry, 'Rea where have you been?" Hermione squeaked. 

"We won! You won! We won!" shouted Ron, thumping Harry on the back. "And I gave Malfoy a black eye, and Neville tried to take on Crabbe and Goyle single-handed! He's still out cold but Madam Pomfrey says he'll be all right — talk about showing Slytherin! I've waiting for you in the common room, we're having a party, Fred and George stole some cakes and stuff from the kitchens."

Astraea was still in shock, deep in thought.

"Never mind that now," said Harry breathlessly. "Let's find an empty room, you wait 'til you hear this...."

Astraea started walking towards the common room.

"Wait aren't you coming?" asked Ron.

"No I need to process things", she mumbled and went towards the common room.

Once in the common room, she saw literary everyone is there, even Percy.

"Isn't this a little bit out of your scene Perce?" she asked him.

"Who cares? We won", he exclaimed unnaturally happy.

"Yes we did", she said wearily.

"Woooo we showed the Hufflepuffs", he yelled and everyone yelled.

She saw Fred and George laughing with Lee.

"What did you slip into his drink?" she asked them

"Who?" the twins asked in union.

"Percy"

"Nothing"

"Boys?"

"Okay lots of fire whiskey"

"George" Fred exclaimed punching him

"Sorry"

"Do you still have left?" she asked them.

They nodded. Fred took out a bottle and some glasses but she snatched the bottle from his hand and started drinking large gulps. One bottle of fire whiskey turned to two to four until she lost count. Tomorrow she'll have one hell of a headache.

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!!

770 words