The One With The Good-Bye

The wardrobes were empty, the trunks were packed, everyone was in the Great Hall waiting to go home; notes were handed out to all students, warning them not to use magic over the holidays. 

"I always hope they'll forget to give us these," said Fred Weasley sadly

"Hope harder", Astraea chuckled; 

Hagrid was there to take the first years down to the fleet of boats that sailed across the lake while the older students took the carriages; they were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, playing Exploding Snaps and Astraea morphing into anyone doing impressions as they sped past Muggle towns; pulling off their wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station.

It took quite a while for them all to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting them go through the gate in twos and threes so they didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles.

"Will I see you this summer?" George asked.

"Of course", Fred smirked. "She lost the bet".

"I don't see how I lost", Astraea looked at him confused. "I am the smartest person in Hogwarts, I get to spend few of my summer with my best friends, and I can morph anytime I want which is more magic than you can do by the way"

Fred was bout to comment when someone slammed into Astraea, hugging he by the waist. She looked down to see Ginny.

"Oh my, oh my", Astraea cooed. "If it isn't my favorite girl"

Ginny giggled and Mrs. Weasley came over.

"Oh my dear, I miss you", she hugged Astraea.

"Fred Weasley", Fred said extending his hand. "Your son who hasn't seen you in a year".

Everyone laughed and Mrs. Weasley hugged her sons.

 "There he is, Mom, there he is, look! Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see —"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point."Mrs. Weasley smiled down at them. "Busy year?" she said.

"Very," said Harry. "Thanks for the fudge and the sweater, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh, it was nothing, dear."

"Astraea?" it was Aurora, her mother.

"Mother", she smiled tightly.

Her mother hugged her and she hugged back half-heartedly.

"Mother, this is Harry", she introduced and stood next to George who squeezed her hand.

"Oh my", he mother gasped. "you- you look like James"

Her mother sobbed and hugged Harry.

"I am sorry, forgive me dear", she laughed wiping her tears. "It's just-"

"You were close with them?" Harry asked her.

"Yes", she sniffled.

"Explains why you are my god-mother", he mumbled and Aurora looked at Astraea who smiled.

"Ready, are you?" A purple-faced, mustached, looking furious man grumbled. Behind him stood a skinny woman and a big boy, looking terrified.

"You must be Harry's family!" said Mrs. Weasley.

"In a manner of speaking," said Uncle Vernon. "Hurry up, boy, we haven't got all day." He walked away.

"Petunia?" Aurora asked, and the lady got wide-eyed

"You", she said afraid

"Take care of Harry, and if anything happens to you, owl me. I'll know what to do", Aurora told Harry glaring at the muggle family.

They looked so terrified, it made Astraea chuckle. Harry left and Astraea looked at the Weasleys

"I'll miss you", she told them ruffling Ginny's hair.

"You'll see them during the summer, come on", he mother said waving last good-bye to the Weasleys then apparating to their house.

Aurora turned around to see Astraea staring at her with a hard look, "We need to talk mother"

"Indeed we do", he mother sighed.

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!

619 wordss