The One With The Boneless Arm

The rain was falling more heavily now. On Madam Hooch's whistle, Harry kicked hard into the air and heard the telltale whoosh of the Bludger behind him. Higher and higher Harry climbed; he looped and swooped, spiraled, zigzagged, and rolled. Astraea could hear people laughing but she was too worried about Harry to care.

Harry began a kind of roller-coaster ride around the edges of the stadium, squinting through the silver sheets of rain to the Gryffindor goalposts, where Adrian Pucey was trying to get past Wood —Harry was running from the bludger when he stopped in front of Malfoy. Stupid! Astraea thought biting her nails. WHAM! Harry had stayed still a second too long. The Bludger had hit him at last, smashed into his elbow, and it looked like it broke. Astraea screamed. He slid sideways on his rain-drenched broom, one knee still crooked over it, his right arm dangling useless at his side — the Bludger came pelting back for a second attack, this time aiming at his face — Harry swerved out of the way.

"Fred! George! It hit him", Astraea was screaming at the top of her lungs.

Harry took his remaining hand off his broom and made a wild snatch; Astraea was trying hard not to pass out in fear for Harry. With a splattering thud he hit the mud and rolled off his broom. His arm was hanging at a very strange angle. Astraea ran down from the stands towards Harry, seeing as he caught the Snitch. Before she could reach, Lockhart was there ready to fix him.

"Oh, no, not you," Harry moaned.

"Doesn't know what he's saying," said Lockhart loudly to the anxious crowd of Gryffindors pressing around them. "Not to worry, Harry. I'm about to fix your arm."

"No!" said Harry. "I'll keep it like this, thanks. . . ."He tried to sit up, but the pain was terrible. "I don't want a photo of this, Colin," he said loudly.

"Lie back, Harry," said Lockhart soothingly. "It's a simple charm I've used countless times —"

"Why can't I just go to the hospital wing?" said Harry through clenched teeth.

"He should really, Professor," said a muddy Wood, who couldn't help grinning even though his Seeker was injured. "Great capture, Harry, really spectacular, your best yet, I'd say —"

"Shut it Wood", Astraea growled and he was taken back. She spotted Fred and George, wrestling the rogue Bludger into a box. It was still putting up a terrific fight. "I'm not done with you"

She went over to the Twins carefully.

"No luck?" she asked them and they replied with a muffled No.

"Stand back", she said holding her wand. They complied and the Bludger flew high and almost went to the group of Gryffindors when she said, "Bombarda Maxima".

The Bludger exploded and fell into ashes. The twins looked at her in amazement, she smiled.

They went over Harry and saw his hand was... boneless?

"Ah," said Lockhart. "Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. But the point is, the bones are no longer broken. That's the thing to bear in mind. So, Harry, just toddle up to the hospital wing — ah, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, would you escort him? — and Madam Pomfrey will be able to —er — tidy you up a bit."

Poppy wasn't at all pleased. "You should have come straight to me!" she raged, holding up the sad, limp remainder of what, half an hour before, had been a working arm. "I can mend bones in a second — but growing them back —"

"You will be able to, won't you?" said Harry desperately.

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful," said Poppy grimly, throwing Harry a pair of pajamas. "You'll have to stay the night. . . ."

"You'll be okay Harry", Astraea smiled.

"It's the first time I see you here with no medical attention needed", Poppy said.

Astraea laughed, "Do you need assistance poppy?"

"Take care dear"

"Bye Harry, see you tomorrow", with that Astraea left.

                                                                ***********************************

"Guess what?" Astraea told Tom while laying her head on his lap.

"Mhm", he hummed, looking up from his book.

"I exploded a Bludger today", she smiled.

Tom chuckled and looked at her, "You seem tired, go to sleep"

"I wanna hang out with you", she pouted.

"We can always hang out, you seem tired", he started playing with her hair and she was instantly out.

Astraea was walking down the hall, she passed the place the horrified message was written last time. She walked towards the hospital when she spotted Colin Creevey. He was holding a camera and grapes. He noticed someone was around him and he turned around.

"Astraea", he smiled. "You here to see Harry too?"

Astraea didn't answer.

"Oh I always wanted to take a picture of you, you are so pretty"

Simultaneously, Colin put up the camera to take the picture, and Astraea said, "Attack"

Colin fell like a statue to the ground.

"Mud-bloods", Astraea said

"I need to go back", Astraea woke up with a jolt.

***************************************************************************************

Editinggg!!!

838 wordss