The One with Legilimency and Occlumency

Astraea though hard and long about Snape's offer and came to a decision; she will accept. What could go wrong? He will see her thoughts? Let him. She wants to learn more about her skill, to prosper it.

So, after finishing double Potions, she went over to Snape's desk.

"Professor?" she started.

"Miss Black", he said not looking up from his papers.

"I was hoping you could still teach me Legilimency and Occlumency", she said.

"Tonight at eight, here", he said.

She nodded and left.

At eight, she knocked on his door and he opened ushering her in.

"Of course a student as bright as you know what Legilimency and Occlumency are", he said and Astraea nodded. "Define them"

"Oh- Legilimency is the act of navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who practices this art is known as a Legilimens. Muggles might call this "mind-reading", but practitioners disdain the term as naïve. The opposite of Legilimency is , which is used to shield one's mind from the invasion and influence of a Legilimens", she recited.

"Good let's see if you can shield your mind as good as reading it", he said

"Wait what?" she was shocked but he performed the spell

Astraea was four years old playing with a dog while Remus, James, Lily, Aurora, little Harry and Peter Pettigrew were laughing.

"Snuffles", she giggled as the dog licked her face.

"Adorable", Snape muttered

"Get out", she hissed, trying to shut him out.

"Make me", he dared her and she tried but it was not working

The memory changed.

She was sitting by the stairs as her father was arguing with her mother.

"Don't go", Aurora begged Sirius.

"I have something important to finish", he said and left the house.

"Enough", she begged.

"Make me", he dared her.

She tried to cast him out, but she couldn't.

Another memory.

She was with Tonks after her father was sent to Azkaban, she was sitting on her bed crying wanting her Snuffles and her daddy while Tonks was changing her look to make her laugh. Suddenly her hair changed to red and white and her eyes changed brown.

"Mrs. Black", Tonks yelled

"What?" she asked her.

"I didn't know raea was like me", Tonks said excitedly.

"What?" she was surprised.

"Get out", she yelled at Snape.

"No", he simply said.

"I said GET. OUT", she yelled and the scene changed.

Suddenly, they were stuck in Snape's memory when he was bullied by James, Sirius, Peter and Remus.

"Enough", Snape yelled and Astraea calmed down.

They were back in the real world.

"What did I do?" she asked him scared.