The One With The Cat, Rat and Dog Part 1

After finishing her OWLS, Astraea went to the Black Lake to enjoy the afternoon. She was sitting against a tree, enjoying the afternoon sun when she heard a couple of her classmates talking.

"How did they let her have her OWLS?"

"How did they let her attend this year anyway?"

"This year? Try from the first year"

"And George Weasley is dating her"

"Urgh I am way better"

"I heard he gets paid to be with her. Her mother is rich"

She had enough of listening. That hurt her very much, she did not know why. So she ran into the only place she knows she will be alone. The Shrieking Shack. 

She sat there crying and wondering why is this happening to her. She lost track of time when she heard someone outside. She took out her wand and prepared to attack when she saw Ron Weasley, limping inside looking scared.

"Ron?" she asked surprised.

"Astraea look-"

He was able to finish when her father walked in.

"Expelliarmus", her father said and disarmed her.

"What's going on? What happened to you?" she ran to Ron.

"He- he", he fell to the ground and Crookshanks walked in and sat on the bed.

Harry and Hermione dashed across to them. 

 "Ron — are you okay?" 

 "Where's the dog?" 

 "Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with pain. "Harry, it's a trap —" 

 "What —" 

 "He's the dog . . . he's an Animagus. . . ." 

 Ron was staring over Harry's shoulder. Harry wheeled around. With a snap, her father closed the door behind them.  

"Wait you are snuffles?" Astraea asked shocked and her father smirked at her.

 His yellow teeth were bared in a grin. 

"Expelliarmus!" he croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them. 

Harry's and Hermione's wands shot out of their hands, high in the air, and Black caught them. Then he took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Harry. 

 "I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. His voice sounded as though he had long since lost the habit of using it. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful . . . it will make everything much easier. . . ." 

Without knowing what he was doing, Harry started forward, but there was a sudden movement on either side of him and two pairs of hands grabbed him and held him back. . . . 

"No, Harry!" Hermione gasped in a petrified whisper; Ron, however, spoke to Black. 

 "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" he said fiercely, though the effort of standing upright was draining him of still more color, and he swayed slightly as he spoke. Something flickered in Black's shadowed eyes. 

 "Lie down," he said quietly to Ron. "You will damage that leg even more." 

 "Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, though he was clinging painfully to Harry to stay upright. "You'll have to kill all three of us!"  

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Black, and his grin widened.

"You don't have to do this", said Astraea trying to find a way to stop whatever is going to happen.