The One With The Leg-Locker Curse

The passing couple days were not easy on Astraea, for her nightmares were back- most of them were about this silhouette of a man trying to grab her, looking at her while saying how she could be the destroyer of the world and actually injecting her with something.

Saying they were weird is an understatement; she woke up confused, creeped out and well scared. She was able to control that burst of energy that almost killed Aidan O'Brian, but her telepathy was still uncontrollable.

Hermione was back so Harry and Ron were not alone anymore and have someone to annoy just as Ron's brothers like to annoy her. Speaking of the devils, they weren't that much around since Wood was practically working them to death.

"I'm telling you", Fred whined. "That guy is crazy"

"Would you shut up", Astraea groaned. "he could hear you"

"Not afraid of him", Fred mumbled.

"See Oliver, he's not afraid of you", Astraea said and Fred jumped startled to see no one's there.

Astraea and George cracked up laughing.

"Ha Ha", glared Fred.

                                                               ******************************

Astraea was eating her breakfast, minding her own business when out of nowhere Fred slams his hand on the table startling her.

"5 galleons if you could guess from the first try what I want to tell you", he exclaimed making every Gryffindor and some of the other houses stop and look at them.

Astraea smirked and looked at him with mischief.

"Snape is refereeing the next Quidditch match", she said smiling.

"Aha! I told you George", Fred yelled alarming the rest of the students. "You just happen to hear me say it right?"

"Well-", she started saying.

"Told you she can read minds", he interrupted.

"Fred-"

"I knew it!"

"Fred!!" she raised her voice.

"What?"

"I heard Harry telling Ron and Hermione"

Fred's face fell and everyone was holding their laughter until George cracked up. Then, everyone in the hall was hollering with laughter.

                                                                  ******************************

Astraea was sitting with Ron and Hermione discussing Hogwarts and the professors when Harry came back.

"Still bumped about Snape?" she asked him and he nodded.

"Say you're ill," said Ron.

"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.

"Really break your leg," said Ron.

"I can't," said Harry. "There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all."

"Look just calm down, how bad can it be?" Astraea asked.

At that moment Neville toppled into the common room. How he had managed to climb through the portrait hole was anyone's guess, because his legs had been stuck together with what they recognized at once as the Leg-Locker Curse. He must have had to bunny hop all the way up to Gryffindor tower. Everyone fell over laughing except Hermione and Astraea.

"Do you know the counter curse?" asked Astraea.

"I read about it" answered Hermione.

"Try it; say finite incatatum and wave your wand three times clockwise"

Hermione leapt up and performed the counter curse; she squealed when it worked and thanked Astraea. Neville's legs sprang apart and he got to his feet, trembling. "What happened?" Hermione asked him, leading him over to sit with Astraea, Harry and Ron.

"Malfoy," said Neville shakily. "I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice that on."

"Go to Professor McGonagall!" Hermione urged Neville. "Report him!"

Neville shook his head. "I don't want more trouble," he mumbled.

"Fuck reporting him", Astraea growled. "I'll curse him with something he can't recover from"

"Yes, you've got to stand up to him, Neville!" said Ron. "He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that," Neville choked out.

"Draco is a wuss", Astraea commented. "He just bullies you because he knows you won't stand up to him. In reality he's actually afraid. Remember Neville, you were the one that got sorted into Gryffindor; bravery, not him".

Neville nodded.

Harry felt in the pocket of his robes and pulled out a Chocolate Frog. He gave it to Neville, who looked as though he might cry.

"You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Harry said. "Astraea is right; the Sorting Hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin."

Neville's lips twitched in a weak smile as he unwrapped the frog. "Thanks, Harry...I think I'll go to bed....D'you want the card, you collect them, don't you?"

As Neville walked away, Harry looked at the Famous Wizard card. 

"Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever —"He gasped. He stared at the back of the card. Then he looked up at Ron and Hermione.

"I've found him!" he whispered. "I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here — listen to this: 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel'!"

Hermione jumped to her feet. She hadn't looked so excited since they'd gotten back the marks for their very first piece of homework.

"Stay there!" she said, and she sprinted up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. 

"That's my cue to leave", Astraea said and stood up.

"Don't you want to find out?" asked Harry.

"Nahh", she smiled and left to find the twins.

***************************************************************************************

Editing!!!

909 words