The One With The Nightmare

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Poppy was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepperup Potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward. Astraea, who had been looking pale, was bullied into taking some by Percy. 

"Why do you even care?" she glared at Percy as he was pulling towards the Hospital Wing.

"I am your Prefect, it is my responsibility", he replied.

"Cut the crap", she glared.

They had arrived and she was soon escorted by Poppy to one of the beds.

"What happened this time?" she asked.

"She has been growing paler each second for the last month and wouldn't listen when I told her to visit you, so I dragged her myself", Percy said.

It is true, going to Tom's side is draining her regardless of the school curriculum. She is too stubborn to admit.

"I'm fine", she argued.

"See 'Raea when you end fine with a d, it is clearly you are not fine", Percy argued.

"I'm fine, fine", she tried but they indeed ended with a d.

Poppy gave her some Pepperup potion, however the steam pouring from under her vivid hair gave the impression that her whole head was on fire.

By the time Halloween arrived, the Great Hall had been decorated with the usual live bats, Hagrid's vast pumpkins had been carved into lanterns large enough for three men to sit in, and there were rumors that Dumbledore had booked a troupe of dancing skeletons for the entertainment.

"Going to break tradition?" Astraea heard George behind her. Oh yeah, after the fight, George found her and apologized and she, per usual, forgave him.

"No", she mumbled. "Just came down to see the decorations"

"Come on, spend the feast with us", he argued.

"Not feeling like it", with that she retreated to her dorm.

'Tom' she wrote.

'Yes love'

'Can we spend more time together tonight?'

'Everything alright?'

'Just tonight is the anniversary of the night my father betrays everyone. Being surrounded by people tonight, reminds me that I don't belong'

Suddenly, light shown and the familiar feeling spreading all over her. She was back at his time and the first thing she comprehends is his arms around her.

"You are not a monster and it's their fault if they don't accept you", he mumbled to her hair.

She hugged back, his scent clouding her mind.

"Do you want to talk?" he asked her. She shook her head with teary eyes.

They laid down under the tree, with her head on his chest while he stroked her hair. She fell asleep having a weird dream.

She was walking towards Hagrid's Garden, she saw the Roosters, she took a rope and strangled them, then killed them. Then, using their blood she went to the school and wrote on one of the Halls:

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

Then, she saw something move, a small creature, a cat, Mrs. Norris! The cat meowed, then it started drinking water from the puddle on the floor. She went closer, she locked eyes with the cat and the cat got petrified. She held her and hung her by the tail.

She woke with a jolt. "Easy", whispered Tom.

"I think I had a nightmare", she mumbled.

"It's over now", he whispered. "I'm here"

He kissed her and she melted to the kiss.

                                                                         **********************************

It wasn't until later, that she went back to her dorm, still no one is back. She decided to go to the feast to see what's going on when she saw them in some deserted hall. Everyone was surrounding something.

"What's going on?" she fought her way through the crowd and almost fainted when she saw what was going on. Foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

Her dream.. Can't be! She looked closer and saw Mrs. Norris, the caretaker's cat, was hanging by her tail from the torch bracket. She was stiff as a board, her eyes wide and staring.

"What's going on here? What's going on?"

Attracted no doubt by Malfoy's shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd. Then he saw Mrs. Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked. 

And his popping eyes fell on Harry.

"You!" he screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll —"

"Argus!" Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Ron, and Hermione and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket.

"Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, Miss Black."

"What did I do?" she asked in disbelief. "Should've stayed in my dorm".

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"My office is nearest, Headmaster — just upstairs — please feel free —"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore.

***************************************************************************************

Editinggg!!!

857 wordss