Chapter 49

NICHOLAS

I want you.

I want to kiss you and be with you.

Is what I wanted to say but I can't.

This is not the right time or the right atmosphere.

Plus, she might knocked me out effortlessly since she can do that even to burly men.

"I want to talk." I simply said.

"Then talk." She simply answered.

"Can you even let me in?" I pleaded.

"Alright!" She opened the door a little wider.

"You can sit right there." She said flatly as she pointed at the one-seater couch.

I sat awkwardly as I saw her moving closer and sat on the longer couch with her arms folded and legs crossed.

"You have 1 minute. Now talk." She sounded like the Mafia.

"I can explain." I started confidently, but inside my stomach was full of butterflies.

I thought I was going to puke.

"50 seconds..." She countered harshly.

So this was how you wanted this to play out, huh.

"I said that I have a girlfriend even though I do not have one because I was looking for you." So far so good, no vomit noted...yet.

"35 seconds..." She continued her annoying counting.

"I was waiting for someone in the crowd to change their expression." I blubbered.

"25 seconds..." She was half-listening to what I was saying.

Aah! How could she be so stubborn!

"Apparently, Kuya Francis said that you always disguise yourself during media gatherings and such. So, I thought that..." I stopped as I saw her put her hand up.

"One minute is over." She halted everything that I was about to say.

That minute went by so fast!

"Based on what you have said, you have played with my feelings." She said.

"You do know I have feelings right?" She asked me sarcastically.

I nodded vigorously while her darkening looks kept my mouth mummed.

She kept on staring at me. Just staring.

I did not like where this is going right now, just even one little bit. I felt a dark cloud looming over me .

"I do not think this, whatever you call this, will work out between the two of us." She said in finality.

"I think you better go before this goes out of hand.", she stood up quickly and was about to open the door to let me go.

This is it!

I cannot let her dispose of me like this so easily.

I have been waiting for her almost my whole life and when I did, should I just let this petty little tiff drive us apart, again?

Oh! I don't think so.

What have I done cannot be corrected but she did not even let me explain it to her properly.

I stood up as well and instead of letting her open the door, I held her hand to stop her.

"What are you doing?" She looked at me with panicky eyes.

"What I should have done a long time ago." I said as I kissed her full on the mouth.