Chapter 16

HANNAH

These cakes are fabulous!

I have always been fascinated with baking cakes and pastries since I was young.

I think the first one I tasted was from BEBE Bakery that was coincidentally Nicholas' parents' bakery.

They were always so good.

His parents were quite nice to me as well.

Every time I dropped by when I was in college to buy a couple of their famous crinkles they always asked me how my studies have been going and how I'm liking the university life.

Plus, they kept on adding additional crinkles in my bag.

Yum! They were nice indeed.

As I was about to gobble on my next victim of vanilla bean flavoured cupcake, when a pair of polished uberly pointy-toed shoes came into the side view of my plate.

I suddenly looked up and came face to face with Mr. Sleaze-bag himself.

What a way to ruin my mood in eating!

And in all honesty, I consider food as a serious business.

He stood there smiling, in my point of view it was more like sneering, as he looked at me slightly amused.

I, on the other hand, thought to just run away...fast.

"Well, hello Han." He said with his usual greasy tone.

"Or should I say, Hannah Angeles, world-renowed journalist." He said grinning.

I almost choked on my cupcake.

If it wasn't for the wonderful taste of this dessert, I would have thrown it at him the moment I saw his elf-like shoes.

I finished munching and swallowed my last piece of the pastry and faced my opponent.

"So, you think you've figured me out, huh?" I said while I wiped the icing that smeared on my side lips.

"You know you look so sexy doing that?" He said indicating my wiping gesture.

And did I just see him lick his lips.

Eeww! Gross!

I want to hurl right now.

I cocked my head on the side and stared at him.

I know these type of guys. The moment they hear about my profession and achievement, they think they can get to me as easily as that.

Amateurs.

"I think you better stop what you are doing right now before somebody gets hurt." I said sternly.

"I think the best way for us to get to know each other is to become official dates for the whole event, babe." He said cockily as he dared to put his arms around me.

"I know you felt the connection between us the moment we met. I mean who wouldn't want to get close with this face and this body of mine. Consider yourself lucky." He haughtily remarked.

"Consider yourself unlucky, you chauvinistic pig!" I said as I stepped on his pointy shoes and gave him an uppercut with my right hand.

"And don't you dare touch me or better yet talk to me again, sleaze bag." I said under my breath.

Good thing we were hidden from everybody else that nobody saw what I just did.