Chapter 11.2

NICHOLAS

"Hey Nico!" I can feel Manang Rosa poking my shoulder. "You were mumbling something about painting a model..." She said with keen eyes.

I tried to stop my subconscious from telling her about that embarrassing scene, but apparently my voice betrayed me.

"I kinda painted her instead of the nude model..." I mumbled some more.

"What did you say?" She said.

"You have to be louder boy since I am almost deaf, but did I just hear you say that you painted her instead of a nude model?!" She said out loud.

"For an old lady with hearing problems, you can definitely hear lots." I said matter of factly.

She laughed wickedly.

"Oh my! And did she see the painting?" She said while I started to pace back and forth.

"Of course she did." I tried to find any sort of redemption to what I have done.

"She was there to cover that event for her magazine. Why was she there in the first place? They usually just send a temp or others. Ahh!" I said as I tried to pull my hair out of frustration.

Now, I'm displacing this anger to my hair? I might be bald soon.

"Hold on! Hold on!" Manang Rosa said with both hands up she stopped me from pacing and making myself bald.

"Where is the painting now? Don't they sell those for fundraising?" She asked looking confused.

"I kinda bought it." I mumbled again as looked at my feet.

"You bought your own painting?" Manang Rosa said in shocked.

"Yeah." I coughed that out.

"It is now being delivered to my gallery." I said.

I saw her laughing hysterically in the corner of my eyes.

"Let me get this straight. You mean to tell me that you painted a fully-clothed woman as opposed of drawing a nude person in front of you and then as a cherry on top, you had the decency to buy your own painting?" She said loudly.

I want to tape her mouth shut so bad.

"Yes." I said in a clip tone.

"How much did you pay for it? It must not have been cheap, considering your painting prices nowadays." She said while simultaneously sitting on the couch.

I sat right beside her as I exhaled loudly the amount, "Five Million Euros."

As she heard the price, this 5 footer old lady just started laughing non-stop.

"Hey, at least it's for charity.", as she continued to cackle.