Chapter 60

HANNAH

Stop it!

Why do they keep staring at me weirdly?

I peeked through in between spoonful of my cereal to the couple sitting right across from the table.

They've been at it since the time they knocked on my door this morning.

"Ehem..." I cleared my throat.

"What's new in the news today, Kuya?" I tried starting a conversation as I looked at my brother's grip tightening on the newspaper he was holding.

"Nothing much, lil sis." He said grimly.

"Ahhh!" I said as I pursed my lips.

"So, can I borrow it?" I said pointing at the paper.

"No!" He said loudly.

I was taken aback by the unexpected tone of his voice.

Jeez! It was just a paper.

Chill, dude.

"I meant, you won't understand it lil' sis, since they are all in Italian." He softened his voice.

I saw him looked at Ate Julia, what was it...for support or something.

"Ye...eah, Han." She stuttered.

"There was nothing big on the news anyways." She continued as she nods her head as if agreeing that it was the right answer.

"Oh, okay!" I chirped.

"Uhmm...I'll go ahead. I need to pack my stuff since I have an early flight tomorrow." I said as I stood up.

"You are coming to the awarding ceremony tonight, right Hanny?"

Hmm...weird!

My brother never calls me by my pet name unless there was something going on.

I wonder what?!

"Yep. I got my dress and stuff ready." I just said.

"And don't worry. I'll be there as your guest and not as a reporter." I said answering his next probable query.

I saw him smile.

I guessed that satisfied him. "Good! I'll see you tonight then, lil sis."

He said as he suddenly stood up and hugged me.

I patted his shoulders awkwardly as I left and said goodbye.

I wonder what's going on.